Game Cunts

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Angelfire Memes

Re: Game Cunts

Post by Angelfire Memes » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:35 pm

LA was always the odd one out when it came to Zelda, not being in Hyrule and having (relatively) loads of quirky shit in it. I liked it but preferred the Oracle games if we're talking GB Zeldas.

I don't mind the remake art style. It seems like it fits LA which was always twee and cutesy anyway. It's also a way of getting round the shit tier Switch hardware with a distinctive art style, so it doesn't age like milk.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:01 pm

I think you could make it easier for the hardware if everything wasn't shiny like plastic covered in lube.

And I consider the Oracles titles to be the more fleshed-out GB Zelda entries, though the jump from LA to Oracles is not nearly as extreme as the one from Mario Land 1 to 2.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:41 pm
I've only ever played DX. It's good but not as good as some make it out to be.
Ever since the remake came out, people are going all Earthbound over it, pretending to have always loved it and that it was da bes.
No game ever got that as bad as Majora's Mask. I remember it like it was fucking yesterday. MM was divisive when it first came out, but then a few years later, when TP got released and met with the complaints about being formulaic, people went back and started liking MM for not adhering as closely to it. And that would have been fine, had they not all also been disingenuous history-revising jagoffs and insisting that "no no, I've ALWAYS loved Majora, it's ALWAYS been my favorite!!1" Of course, a lot of the folks sucking its dick these days are so young that they don't remember a Zelda scene that didn't have that Majora hipsterism going around, so whatever, I guess. But well over more than half of those who were actually around during MM's initial release who claim it's "always" been their favorite are lying, bandwagon-chasing fucks.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 pm

People only pretend to care about MM because of that one creepypasta.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:22 pm

MM was heavily bashed for it's time limit.
Personally, I didn't play either 64 Zelda at the time because they looked shit garbage even for the era. Early 3D was never good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:09 am

I played and loved both N64 Zeldas but I don't recall loving Majora's Mask over Ocarina. The main reason for that was that in Majora you played as Kid Link and I always preferred Adult Link because I thought he was really cool.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:16 pm
That's always the worst part about a game I love getting remade
My problem with remakes is they're usually fucking garbage. As with films, you can probably count on one hand the amount of vidya remakes that are actually good. Zelda's a good example of this, actually. Because they got it so right with the Ocarina remake and so wrong with the Majora remake

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:01 am

Last good remake I recall was Burnout Paradise.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:17 am

Trials of Mana, actually.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:34 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:17 am
Trials of Mana, actually.
2D I can fucking get behind.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:21 am

Jontron is being a fucking idiot on Twitter again.