Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Rushy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:48 pm
Better Call Saul season 5 was excellent, easily my favourite season of the show. Episodes 6-10 were up to par with Breaking Bad at its finest. The only thing I didn't get was Kim's and Jimmy's sudden fascination of destroying Howards career. Who gives a fuck about Howard and what has he even done to deserve this? Plus, doesn't these two have more pressing matters at hand atm? :D But anyway, top-notch! Can't wait for the final season.
Episode 10 was a bit disappointing to me - the previous season finales all left with some major game-changer(although season 1's basically got retconned). With season 5, it feels like there should be another episode after this that's the proper season finale.

I'm also not sure about Kim basically becoming another Saul Goodman(hates the high and mighty lawyers, pulls scams), especially after all the griping she's done in the previous seasons. I will say I thought their relationship was much more likable this season than any before. Rhea Seehorn's one of the best female leads out there right now.

"Bagman" was the best TV episode this year. Not even a contest.

Howard and Nacho are such strange characters to me in that they seem to have very little to do with anything. Howard used to, but ever since Chuck died, he's basically been a reoccurring cameo every other episode. "Jimmy, have you thought about mah job offer?"

And Nacho has always been some random Salamanca thug whose only motivations have ever been saving his dad and earning respect. That's all we know about this guy five seasons in.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Rushy wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 pm
Episode 10 was a bit disappointing to me - the previous season finales all left with some major game-changer(although season 1's basically got retconned). With season 5, it feels like there should be another episode after this that's the proper season finale.
Somewhat agree. It felt like a set up for the final season.
"Bagman" was the best TV episode this year. Not even a contest.
Yeah. The ending scene where Jimmy takes a swig of his own piss after a near death experience was a such great scene not many greatest scenes of Breaking Bad can compare.
Howard and Nacho are such strange characters to me in that they seem to have very little to do with anything. Howard used to, but ever since Chuck died, he's basically been a reoccurring cameo every other episode. "Jimmy, have you thought about mah job offer?"
It's clear why Nacho is there, but Howard just has nothing to do with anything anymore, it feels like they just forcibly keep him around because...(?)... the actor has a contract for the rest of the show?
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:47 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:58 pm
It's clear why Nacho is there, but Howard just has nothing to do with anything anymore, it feels like they just forcibly keep him around because...(?)... the actor has a contract for the rest of the show?
Well, Nacho is involved, but he's still such a thin character compared to everyone else around him. Maybe they're going for a "some people aren't that complicated" vibe, but I feel like they could've done more interesting things with him.

With the last scene of season 5, it seems like they're setting up something big-ish for Howard, a potentially career-ruining scheme, but it does feel forced, I agree. At the very least, they should've dropped him in seasons 4-5 to make it a surprise when he comes back. His string of cameos have quite rightly become a meme on reddit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:30 am

The poor actor that plays Mike is going to look like death when the show comes back two years from now.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat May 02, 2020 4:47 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:05 pm
So I got to episode 2 of the third season of The Last Kingdom. Something about it just felt shittier compared to the first two seasons. I just wasn't feeling it, not sure why.

Oh:

Thanks for the advice, I watched until season two too, and if nigflix is involved I suppose they added a ton of niggers.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 02, 2020 6:28 am

It's part of the contract. You go to Netflix, you add some color.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 02, 2020 7:31 am

But is that actually the case? I mean it's been on BBC before and they don't flinch about making any given historical king a straight up nigger. So how many people could Netwichs possibly turn POC after BBC already had their go at it?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 02, 2020 7:43 am

Everyone.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat May 02, 2020 11:37 am

Bobito wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:47 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:05 pm
So I got to episode 2 of the third season of The Last Kingdom. Something about it just felt shittier compared to the first two seasons. I just wasn't feeling it, not sure why.

Oh:

Thanks for the advice, I watched until season two too, and if nigflix is involved I suppose they added a ton of niggers.
You noticed the niggers in season three but didn't notice any during the BBC's?
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Post by Guest » Sun May 03, 2020 7:52 am

Chuck was right about Jimmy the entire time. Chuck did nothing wrong.