Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:13 am

They even made a sequel to Frozen and didn't have the decency to leave that trash in direct-to-video hell like their other sequels.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:12 pm
In the old days they did it with executive committees. They would stifle creativity but caretaker what they had.

Talented auteurs came in and changed the model. Now they have no talent, yet assumed to have right to muck around however they want.

No franchise is bulletproof. That's like saying a sports car is teen proof.
I'm kinda amazed how fast Hollywood changed from "We have to play it safe to appease our investors" to "Let's hire some twitterfags with zero experience and give them as many millions as they need. Also they're female and/or trans, so we can't fire them without generating an online shitstorm".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:12 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:00 am
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:34 am
Mark Hamill had fun killing his Chinese prostitute grandson.
He was not successful in that endeavour, though
Just like Luke, he fucks up again and again. Brings a tear to my eye.
Like pottery.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:13 am
I'm kinda amazed how fast Hollywood changed from "We have to play it safe to appease our investors" to "Let's hire some twitterfags with zero experience and give them as many millions as they need. Also they're female and/or trans, so we can't fire them without generating an online shitstorm".
Great point. GM under our second black president provided the blueprint.
You can throw all kinds of money and spend recklessly, then when the bill is due claim you are "an essential" part of the U.S. economy and need a bailout.
Watch the government come running to hand over the cash. I think they're hedging their bets so it times just right with what they think is a sure-fire Dem victory in 2020.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:02 pm

I don't think even the Dems would be stupid enough to bail out Hollywood. The people would riot
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:14 am

How'd that even work? It's not like Hollywood is a company or something.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 am

Not in of itself but you'd bail out big studios like Disney or Warner Bros. The only problem with that is, the people would riot.
They got away with bailing out the automotive industry because you can make arguments for why US based car manufacturers need to remain in business. But fucking Disney? People don't need entertainment. Self-obsessed egotists like George Clooney would like to tell you otherwise, but the fact is that if Hollywood disappeared tomorrow no one would care. People can easily make their own entertainment. If the studios refuse to remain competitive by constantly churning out nothing but shit, then it's their problem if they go out of business as a result.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:42 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:27 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:51 pm
Reviews say its boring. The sad part is that the director wrote both this movie and Last Stand.
One of these days studios might learn their lesson and stop letting shit writers with no experience direct big-budget blockbusters.
Some people say that the studios hire directors like that because they're more easy to control. You don't hire Paul Thomas Anderson to make "Captain Marvel" because he probably has the right to final cut etched in stone in his contract. Meanwhile, whatever nobody directed "Captain Marvel" (I don't know and I refuse to look it up) will probably play along with whatever the studio wants. They're just happy to be there.

Josh Trank, the director of that last "Fantastic Four" mega-bomb, is the cautionary tale. When the studio fucked with the movie, he complained on Twitter about it.

I think he makes sandwiches at Subway now.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:48 am

A fitting punishment.

Though I hope they quickly realize that these types of directors are highly unprofessional and will easily make an ass out of themselves - and the movie - on twitter.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 am
Not in of itself but you'd bail out big studios like Disney or Warner Bros. The only problem with that is, the people would riot.
Of course they would. Disney alone owns what feels like 80% of the entertainment industry. If they fuck up, it's their own bloody fault.

Besides, Disney itself is not actually needed for anything. They have a shitload of assets and IPs, but those would be gladly swallowed by smaller fish.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:42 am
Some people say that the studios hire directors like that because they're more easy to control.
That would make sense if they actually tried to control them. Instead they hire half a dozen gender studies dropouts as writers and some idiot that filmed an insurance commercial as a director and let them go wild.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Easy to control my ass. You basically need to hire an entire PR team to babysit them 24/7, lest they generate bad publicity with tweets that endorse white genocide and/or call the established fanbase of your property literal Hitlers who should die in a fire.
-Yours Truly