Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sat May 25, 2024 12:32 am

Complicity wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:37 pm
Edit: Well now that i found this channel, life is officially complete:

I won't need anything else.
Episode 35, in particular, is one of the greatest pieces of animation we've ever conceived as a species. Nothing else comes close.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 25, 2024 4:39 am

When will we get a Netflix live-action adaptation?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sat May 25, 2024 7:45 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 4:39 am
When will we get a Netflix live-action adaptation?
Unnecessary:

In the Nigflix adaptation all the aliens will be white dudes, Ken will be non binary and his (black) sister will be the true protagonist.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 25, 2024 8:25 am

And that weird mascot thing will be played by Idris Elba.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 26, 2024 3:41 pm

Time for another quality review of a Netflix original animu movie :o

My Oni Waifu Girl.
Sounds like a kawaii desu animu movie, right?
My enthusiasm was curbed however when I found out the movie is made by Studio Colorido, because I have some strong opinions with most of their previous work.
Studio Colorido SpergingShow
A Whisker Away is straight up trash. The main "protagonist" is an insufferable stalker cunt who mercilessly annoys the fuck out of the object of her desire. Think Helga Pataki with none of the charm and redeeming qualities.
The finale also has some weird ass tone shifts, since the movie can't make up its mind on whether or not the main villain is supposed to be a threat or a joke.
Really the only good part is that one scene where the main dude snaps and tears out her rotten heart in front of the entire class.

But the real reason to watch this movie is if you're a footfag, for the only thing the main waifu hates more than shoes are socks. Must be the writer's fetish.

Drifting Home is like a poor man's The Drifting Classroom if you leave out all the cool horror shit and violence, replace the school with an apartment complex and the post-apocalytpic gonzo future with an ocean that is also the afterlife for buildings (which is weird nonsense even by Shinto standards).
Instead of a stalker cunt, we have a stalker (some building ghost who the movie tries its hardest to convince you is not creepy) and a cunt (some loli who seriously needs to have the taste slapped out of her mouth).
And once again the finale is a bit of a mess, this time with a large helping of Deus Ex Machina.
But the real reason to watch this movie is if you like seeing waifus get hurt, 'cause boy is there a lot of it. Must be the writer's fetish.

Dat meganekko fall.
Movie PredictionsShow
So, what can I expect from My Oni Waifu?
  • an insufferable cunt who never has to answer for her crimes
  • a stalker whose behavior is oddly romanticized
  • a plot that is going to be confusing and weird in a bad way
  • questionable morals ("Bullying your crush is A-Ok!") and other nonsense ("Your home is watching you!")
  • probably some form of waifu suffering (one of the few things the Studio seems to be getting better at with each movie)
  • I probably won't like the finale
  • some supernatural shit that is probably not thought out all that well
  • the writer's thinly disguised fetish
Actual Post-Movie SpergingShow
So it's basically about a spineless beta cuck who's constantly pressured into helping others, and who eventually learns that helping out others is actually cool if you want to help them.
Also it's a road trip movie featuring shrines and shintoshit, which is oddly enough not the only Netflix animu movie of its kind.

Now the good thing is that the cast is actually likable. No stalker, and the waifu isn't actually an insufferable cunt.
The only weird thing is that the adults are seriously irresponsible for the plot to work. Like the MC brings the oni waifu to home and his family is just cool with this unkown stranger, not asking any questions? Do they run a lodging service or something? Does the MC do this often?
Worse yet are the other adults who are just cool with two obvious runaways. The cops are never involved at all. It's truly baffling when a Makoto Shinkai movie is more realistic in this regard (Weathering with You, to be more specific).

Now there's some weird ass supernatural subplot about how suppressing your true feelings can turn you into an oni. This never really amounts to anything aside from some kind of Pinocchio-like running gag (the MC keeps oozing white floating stuff when he lies, which I guess is the weirdest writer fetish so far).
Honestly you could cut this out and it would change nothing, really. It is used as some weird justification why the onis have to live hidden from the muggle world, but it doesn't really make sense. Muggles can't see the horns, anyways, and how do the born oni factor into this suppressed feeling shit? And how do people that turn into oni ever end up in that hidden village?

The finale was indeed the typical nonsense, with some almost NGE-esque dream sequences. And all that was needed to stop the flying No-Faces from nomming everyone was the oni waifu hugging her mom so she stops having the sads. I wish this would make more sense in context, but it barely helps.
And then when the day is saved and the onis are reunited, the MC just decided to piss off, and the oni waifu is okay with it? No heartfelt goodbyes? No hugs? Did Makoto Shinkai work on this, after all :lol: ?

Also there's not nearly enough waifu suffering in this. The most graphic thing involves the oni waifu getting tackled againt wall. There's a scene where she falls off a cliff, but unlike Drifting Home we don't actually see the impact.

Apparently the studio has a deal for one more Netflix movie. Let's hope they can combine the likable characters from this movie with Drifting Home's quality suffering.
-Yours Truly

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Sun May 26, 2024 8:04 pm

I'm only on the second episode, but In The Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki is my new purpose in life.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 26, 2024 8:08 pm

Oh, there's a much different organ of hers I'd like to be in. One closer to the surface.
-Yours Truly

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Sun May 26, 2024 9:13 pm

She's mein, Deutschneger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 27, 2024 12:00 am

Äußerst krasses Denglisch, Digger.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 27, 2024 5:41 am

Uguuboi wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 9:13 pm
She's mein, Deutschneger
All's fair in love and war.
-Yours Truly