Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ebin namefag

Re: Movie Thread

Post by ebin namefag » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:16 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 pm
It feels like we're in a "post-movies" age.
Thank God.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:57 pm

Modern American films are no longer art. They're just sperg platforms for pushing "The Message™" as hard as possible.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:16 am

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:22 am
Tarantino and Scorsese still make good stuff without pandering but ones 80 and the other is gonna retire after his next film.
I believe I mentioned earlier that the last (newest) movie I enjoyed was Hateful Eight. Not perfect, but at least everyone was having fun in it. You know, fun? That thing that movies are supposed to be? The reason why we watch them? Good old Quent, making a film where every character is a huge cunt and proud of it. Celebrating westerns at the same time as he celebrates every horrible belief and behavior historically accurate to the period. :lol:

Inglorious Bastards was another high point, although that was 10+ years ago by now. I think it's one of his more complete movies, however. Plays well as a WW2 spy film, but also as a Tarantino movie. Really just a class act all around and eminently rewatchable. The snappiness of the writing and cleverness of the scenes keeps the pace brisk.

Scorcese hasn't interested me since Gangs of New York (2002). Since Goodfellas, really. The Departed was shit. A hack job mashup of some asian thriller movie and the whitey bulger story. Goodfellas is fantastic. 10/10. But that was a movie made during a film golden era.

The modern shit Scorcese makes now I find beyond easy to skip. To me, it's all part of the same sludge Pedowood pumps out on an assembly. Maybe you feel different and like Wolf of Wall Street.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:27 am

OuatiH is a movie I almost like - a nice, slow paced character comedy drama that randomly turns into a bloodbath in the last twenty minutes. The turn is so fucking jarring.

I like Hateful Eight - Basterds, too - but I think Tarantino gets overrated because of the three hit punch of Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill - a high he never topped - tho his Pauline Kael movie seems like something I’d enjoy.

I miss Altman - shit, I miss Malick - when is that fuck going to put out his Jesus movie. I miss pre-Gran Torino Eastwood before he had a Simpsons moment and began repeating himself because he’s fucking done everything.

Anyway, this seems like boomer edgelord faggotry.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:35 am

Wolf of Wall Street made my mom never trust my movie recommendations ever again. Told her it was an Oscar winning movie based on a true story about the corrup´tion going around the finance system, but she couldn't pass the scene where the guy snorts coke from a prostitute's ass :D . Tried to tell her that is was how things were happening (and probably still are) but she refuses to finish watching it.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:45 am

My grandma once walked in on me watching it - it was when DiCaprio and Robbie were having angry sex near the end, too.
ebin namefag wrote:

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:55 pm

I like Takimag's take on the Asian sweep at the Oscars.
https://www.takimag.com/article/the-wee ... ished-233/
OSCAR AIN’T GOLD; HE’S YELLA
Americans might remember Judge Lance Ito from the O.J. Simpson criminal trial, but few recall that the judge in the O.J. civil trial was Asian too (Hiroshi Fujisaki).

That both trials had Asian judges wasn’t accidental; city leaders purposely sought racial “middle-ground” judges, neither black nor white.

Voters at this year’s Oscars took a page from that playbook. With blacks riled up about the “snubbing” of the year’s two blacktacular blackbusters (The Woman King—about Coretta Scott’s heroic fight to keep her husband’s rape tape classified, and Till—an educational film for black youth about where to find the money when robbing a convenience store), Academy voters avoided the conflict by giving every award to the Asians.

Everything Everywhere All at Once swept most of the major categories: Best Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Editing, and Screenplay.

Angela Bassett, the only black woman nominated in an acting category, was so furious at not taking home a statuette, she refused to clap for winner Jamie Lee Curtis (an actress so dogged by hermaphrodite rumors she turned her son into a transgender freak to make herself look more feminine by comparison).

Bassett stormed out in protest. One hopes that on her way home she didn’t stop at a McDonald’s looking for a fight. Fortunately, L.A. fast-food joints are connected to the Amberger Alert notification system warning franchises of potential black girl wreckcellence.

Bottom line, Asian Oscar wins are the future, a way for voters to reject the woke mediocrity of black films without being seen as racist for rewarding movies with whites.

Yellow: the truly neutral color.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:21 pm

How about doubling every category for black people?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:57 am

60% of the truly great directors are from glorious Nippon, anyway.
Cue VORP showing a clip from a Loli animu.
ebin namefag wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:45 am

A masterpiece.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette