Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:59 am

Sometimes more literal than others if the toku in question has a Kung Fu gimmick.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:06 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:59 am
How the hell do you guys even enjoy modern movies?
I don't. I'm also not sure if people in general do. It's been years since I've heard anyone talking about some movie they watched in the cinema in person.
Supposedly, people actually still go there and watch movies but they have about as much to say about it as they have about their last visit at McDonald's.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:59 am
How the hell do you guys even enjoy modern movies? I can't get any joy from anything movies unless I'm watching some super old shit.

I went ages without watching movies at all and only in the last couple days started up Legendary Weapons of China. Pretty fun.
The last decade of good movies was the nineties. And arguably music. Video games were pretty good up until 2005-ish.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm

I blame the oversaturation of the consoomer market. Every single month has so much new shit to watch that it's difficult to establish a common ground with others. There's no such thing as a year-defining movie/series that basically everyone has seen.
An even bigger problem is the increased politization of your consoom behavior. Why talk openly about movies if you can accidentally brand yourself a nazi for liking/disliking the wrong movie?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:33 pm

Outside of the Internet, nobody cares about the political nonsense. They aren't even aware of it.
Likewise its not an issue of too much to watch and people finding no common denominator.
It's all shit. That's the problem. Normalniggers still watch TV and go to the cinema because they have nothing better to do. That's what you just do for entertainment, right?

But they don't enjoy it. Thus they don't talk about it. It just successfully passed the time. Like vacantly watching trash click bait on YT or TikTok. There go two hours and they couldn't tell you what they were watching ten minutes later.

When there is a good or even passable show, you don't hear the end of it. It's such a monumental event that something good was on TV that people still talk about The Sopranos or even Gay of Thrones.

That's why normalniggers are so miserable today. TV and movies have become too shit even for them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:33 pm
That's why normalniggers are so miserable today. TV and movies have become too shit even for them.
Norms don't deserve happiness.
Take their garbage entertainment away and leave nothing in return.
They ask for anything then beat them.

Christians destroyed the west by letting pedowood rise after closing the coliseum.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:52 am

I try to warn my normalfag friends that everything is garbage but they think I'm exaggerating. They will still consoom Last of Cucks and Rangz of Powah and whatever the fuck Netflix is pushing down the gullet this month and mention how amazing it is.

Local programming, on the other hand, is absolutely dead and nobody watches it anymore. Some twenty years ago, everybody was watching and talking about our soap operas or series, but now nobody ever talks about those anymore, they seem to have completely replaced those with Burger series like Law and Order or Chicago PD or something similar.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:05 am

Sometimes I wonder if I"m just Stan from that one episode of South Park. And I think everything is shit because I'm a depressing fuck who can't enjoy life. But then I see an ad for Nu-Entertainment and it's just fucking awful!

Local programming where I live is all reruns all day. You know what tv stations run when they're not blasting news, talk shows or soap operas? Reruns of Magnum PI, old westerns, Perry Mason, Diagnosis Murder, shit like that. Goes to show there's so little good out there that the tv stations have to keep running the same old stuff. Perry Mason has been on tv for something like 60 years. Multiple generations have grown up watching reruns of Perry Mason or OG Star Trek. And they still run it.

Nu-Zombie Trek though? Sheeeeit, son. Can't remember the last time I saw one of those zombie treks in a regular time slot. That shit gets thrown into the bin on some fuckin' subscription service.

But those are tv shows. A tv show at least is a little shorter than a movie. So if you end up watching garbage, at least you only wasted 50 minutes. Movies are even worse. All of them now are long as fuck. "Joyless" is the word that springs to mind when I think of a modern movie. They all look the same, sound the same, have the same zombie hack actors and everything is wallpapered in CGI bullshit.

Movies right now seem like shittier versions of AAA walking sim bideo james. Which are already impossibly shitty.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:22 am

Tarantino and Scorsese still make good stuff without pandering but ones 80 and the other is gonna retire after his next film.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 pm

Just about every great old school film director who's still alive has called this a low point in cinema history. Then a bunch of #FilmTwitter faggots who think they know more about movies than guys who've been involved in it for literally fifty years call them snobs for not regarding "Captain America: Winter Soldier" as one of the greatest films ever made.

It feels like we're in a "post-movies" age. Going to the theater isn't special anymore now that I have a great home theater in my den. Special effects aren't special anymore now that every movie is smeared with them and they all look the same.

Maybe worse though is that movies are more disposable than ever. Movies don't play in theaters for six months anymore, Offbeat cult movies don't play midnight shows for years and years anymore. Movies don't bomb in theaters and then become hits on video anymore. The whole support system for movies that aren't a Major Event Featuring a Popular IP is gone. Instead, after a short theatrical window, movies disappear into the streaming slush pile.

Me, when I want to relax and watch something, it's rarely a movie. I go to Youtube.