Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:29 am

I'm reading comments sections and it's clear that normies do not know the difference between Batgirl and Batwoman. They think this has something to do with that canceled woke TV show.
This brand confusion would have definitely caused the movie to flop. Killing it was the right move.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:41 am

It probably didn't help that they turned both female copy-cats of Batman into the same minority.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:00 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:29 am
I'm reading comments sections and it's clear that normies do not know the difference between Batgirl and Batwoman. They think this has something to do with that canceled woke TV show.
This brand confusion would have definitely caused the movie to flop. Killing it was the right move.
I thought that "Batgirl" was related to that show. I just learned from your post now that it isn't!

In the alternate timeline where "Batgirl" comes out, I like to think the same people who are the most upset by its supression would HATE it. "It's so sad that this horrible bomb is the first superhero movie with a trans Latinx person in it! They should have shelved it!"

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:45 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:00 am
In the alternate timeline where "Batgirl" comes out, I like to think the same people who are the most upset by its supression would HATE it. "It's so sad that this horrible bomb is the first superhero movie with a trans Latinx person in it! They should have shelved it!"
If they hated it they'd never admit it. Ghostbusters 2016 was a piece of shit but it became such a centrepiece in the culture war, and TRUMP said it was a stupid idea, that they were obligated to defend it and claim it was a good movie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:38 am

Defending the honor of some woke product usually happens before the actual release. Once it's released and turns out to be shit, it's easy enough to just quietly sweep it under the rug, especially since there's probably already a new woke product to defend on the horizon.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:48 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:38 am
Defending the honor of some woke product usually happens before the actual release.
Well, I don't know when all the reviews came out that said Ghostbusters 2016 was a good movie, but they defended that piece of shit for a long time.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:41 am

I guess Sunk Cost Fallacy can happen.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:00 am
I thought that "Batgirl" was related to that show. I just learned from your post now that it isn't!
Although they're not related, they probably would have been the same interchangeable wokeshit.

Batwoman and Batgirl are two separate characters, created as girlfriend characters for Batman and Robin respectively. After they served their "not-gays" purpose, they were soon forgotten about. The second "Barbara Gordon" Batgirl that everyone remembers was originally created by DC for the Batman TV series.

The Jewish dyke Batwoman was only around since 06.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 pm

I thought Batman's girlfriend/beard was supposed to be Catwoman.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:14 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 pm
I thought Batman's girlfriend/beard was supposed to be Catwoman.
Yeah, I dunno when that came in to play. That character has a long history that is full of retcons. I know Frank Miller retconned her into a literal whore for a time, and more recently she's been retconned into being part Hispanic because her name is Selina you see.
お前はもう死んでいる。