Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm

The funny thing is that the consoomers likewise don't understand that non-fanfag mindset.

Just look at the fags writing garbage Cthulhu books and tRPGs, inserting queer shit, thinking they'd piss people like me off by "ruining" the works of based Lovecraft.
I couldn't care less. I don't have to consoom and defend everything with a certain brand or franchise name on it. Much less when "management" changed.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:45 pm

To ruin the Mythos would require you to control whoever owns the Mythos. But that shit is public domain.
Fuck, it was already decentralized while Lovecraft was still alive.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 pm

Owning the rights of something doesn't mean you can ruin it.

Tolkien is dead and cannot add more stuff to Lord of the Rings. It doesn't matter if Jeff Bezos paid a truckload of money to get the rights to produce woke shit tied to the LotR "brand", it isn't the original work not a derivative work by the original author. The only case I remember that being attempted was when then-woke-darling JK "Get the Troons Out of My Bathroom" Rowling decided to retroactively insert a nigger Hermione in her own works because she knows better. And she was rewarded in kind for her nonsense.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:16 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 pm
Owning the rights of something doesn't mean you can ruin it.
Exactly. That's what the dipshits don't get.
They can make official Star Trek series with a transfaggot captain molesting a little boy on the bridge while preaching about the values of race mixing. Doesn't matter a single bit.

With tears in their eyes, literally shaking, screaming at me, they can rage laugh at me, gloating how they ruined [thing], how it's woke now and I have to deal with it.
I don't. I don't care. I don't worry. I've got enough shows, movies, books, vidya and music to enjoy to last me five lifetimes. All they do is make terrible shit I'll never see or read or anyone will actually like.
If anything, their desperate hysterics will amuse me. They can't make me care.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:36 pm

Indifference is a powerful tool to fight attention whores, if only more people would recognize that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:17 pm

Why would I even potentially care? With most of these things, it's literally just the brand name that's the same.
Not the same people, often not the same company and it's certainly not the same product.

If I'd buy Nutella tomorrow and I'd put shit in a can and sell it under the name, why would anyone buy it when - and here the analogy fully breaks down - you can still have regular Nutella?

Why would that bother you? I am not actually ruining anything. I'm just selling shit in a can under the same name but without any consequence to your continued enjoyment of the original product.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:45 am

Because, as Gay Blowsmen one said, you need to consume product, then get excited for next product with the same name attached to it. You watched Star Trek OS and liked i,t so of course now you have to get excited to watch anything that has the Paramount™ Star Trek® logo on it. It works for the MCU fans, it must work for every other fandom as well.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:47 am

It's a cult. We don't understand it because we're not in the cult. But vapid consoomerism has replaced religion as the thing these people use to fill the hole in their lives

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:22 am

MCU fans definitely give me cult fanatic vibes. They're not very likely to break out of their programming of consoom product, no matter how shitty. I'm just surprised Star Warts fans seem somewhat less receptive. Not by much, but still.
It's a trap!

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:55 am

Disney Wars is still very much a cult even if it isn't anywhere as successful as MCU. Remember, if you didn't like TFA and thought the new characters were shittily written, you're a racist and/or sexist. If you didn't like Last Jedi you're an evil right-wing redneck Nazi