Soystation 5 General

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Soystation 5 General

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:08 pm

They also think it hinders piracy when the games are bloated. I think that's just an excuse.

The problem with japs is that if their game is broken, they will pretty much leave it broken forever.
In the case of Fromsoft, they will even make sequels with the same engine and never fix that shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:19 pm

I think hindering piracy is already an excuse for DRM, let alone for game size. The truth is they want to harvest your data and streamline their shitty patch application with all those garbage clients.

The worst is if they patch new glitches into the game and just refuse to patch them out again. I think it was River City Girls or something where the patch completely mangled some basic attack animations with WokeForward or whoever the fuck developed it not fixing them to this day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:08 pm

The problem with japs is that if their game is broken, they will pretty much leave it broken forever.
In the case of Fromsoft, they will even make sequels with the same engine and never fix that shit.
It's the old jap mentality that whatever they publish has to be perfect, so any attempt to patch or improve it would be an admission of guilt. Just look at Nintendo. When have they ever admitted fault for anything related to their games? They genuinely believe they are the best in the world at everything. Shit netcode, overpriced, mediocre first-party titles, bottom-tier emulation (far worse than what you get for free) and consumer-unfriendly practices. But they're fucking Nintendo.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:48 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:08 pm
They also think it hinders piracy when the games are bloated. I think that's just an excuse.

The only wrong thing in the entire post. In the case of FromSoft, they will more sequels with the same game engine and never fix that shit because all their talent left before Dark Souls and they were left with Miyazaki's posse and newfags in the company.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:48 am
In the case of FromSoft, they will more sequels with the same game engine and never fix that shit because all their talent left before Dark Souls and they were left with Miyazaki's posse and newfags in the company.
In other words, what I said wasn't wrong at all.
>b-b-but my faggot mecha weebshit
Right, that was ages ago. If I was to say Jizzard makes shit gaems, you wouldn't tell me I'm wrong because they used to make better ones either.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:03 pm

I miss Armored Core :-(

(Daemon X Machina doesn't count.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:34 pm

You traitor! :lol:
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 pm
>b-b-but my faggot mecha weebshit
Right, that was ages ago.
The same guys also had a hand in the OG Demons Souls, Cream and Cookie's game on PS2 and the Otogi games as well on the Xbox. Part of the reason Memeborne was good and miles ahead of DaS and its sequels is unironically due to Sony copying what the DeS guys did, since they had a shared dev team and they "copied notes".

So, in this one instance, you're wrong. Unless you considered DeS a pile of shit, in which case you're right.
>INB4 It was Miyazaki's idea all along
And? He wasn't the sole programmer, sole director etc. in the project.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:08 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:34 pm
So, in this one instance, you're wrong.
No, I'm not.
I said Fromsoft releases broken shit, doesn't fix it via patch and even copies the broken shit to sequels.
You agreed that they do. Your gay defending after that, which is only motivated because they made mecha faggot shit by the way, is entirely without value.
ban wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:34 pm
Unless you considered DeS a pile of shit, in which case you're right.
What point are you even trying to make? Either way, I'll humour you.
Demon's Souls had functioning poise. So did Dark Souls. Dark Souls 2 and 3 didn't. They never figured out how to fix it and for Bloodborne they just outright removed it, likely because they didn't know how to get that shit working again.

Parrying and backstabs have been the most janky shit in all of the titles I've ever seen in games with what someone can call a budget that wasn't fixed over five titles.

So even if the point I am assuming you're trying to make is that one part of the Souls series was made by hackfrauds and one was made by a better team, neither fixed a broken system.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:12 pm

There's no point bringing up Armored Core when talking about From. It's been ages since they made a good AC game and even longer since they made a true masterpiece (Silent Line, AC3, maybe Last Raven.)

From are the Dank Souls devs now and that's all they want to do. The new Fromshit looks fucking lame btw. Mix-and-match stealth from sekiro with dank souls 3 combat and tone. Yawn. I'd have liked Succ Hero more if they'd gone completely stealth-focused and made a sequel to Wrath of Heaven.

Otogi was based, but that's also part of From's ancient history and they have no intention to revisit it. Same for Kuon. A modern Kuon sequel could be amazing, but why would they stop printing Souls money long enough to make one? Even the Fatal Frame devs started pandering more and more to coomers with sexy wet titty ghosts, and spent less time on developing horror.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 pm

I'm afraid I'll have to ask for context re: sexy wet titty ghosts. It's relevant to my interests.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!