Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Quality waifus never age.
3DPD on the other hand...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:10 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:55 pm
Quality waifus never age.
If my loli waifu is from a show that came out before I was born I don't go to jail.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:14 am

Ghostbusters is making money where Cisbusters didn’t because it’s so much like TFA - but slightly worse, because as shallow as TFA is - I feel like it sort of understood what people liked about Star Wars whereas Afterlife, no. Lots of references and wistful nostalgia for the man children, who will see it 100 times.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:26 am

I'm told that the mom just wants to get drunk and fuck Paul Rudd. That's at least kind of amusing.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:38 am

It’s MILFy ass Carrie Coon too.
ebin namefag wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:02 am

I can't believe they just recycled the demon doges and Genderswap David Bowie. That's like Rise of Skywalker in terms of desperation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 am

It probably sucks just as much as Cisbusters does - just in different ways. Cisbusters is a series of jokes falling flat over and over because they were all smothered to death by endless ad libbing - and this is >muh nostalgia to the point of satire.
ebin namefag wrote:

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 am
It probably sucks just as much as Cisbusters does
Nothing's as bad as Cisbusters.
For as much as complaints that the new film is just shallow, empty nostalgia pandering are valid, the studio was smart to do it that way. By keeping things apolitical and pandering to their nostalgia, most people are going to ignore that it's just Stranger Things but with Ghostbusters, and that most of the new characters are women same as Cisbusters, and go and see it anyway

One wonders where these more savvy executives were when they were making Cisbusters in the first place

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:36 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am
One wonders where these more savvy executives were when they were making Cisbusters in the first place
Savvy executives are only called after a franchise has been ruined by the diversity hires.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:44 am

Too true.

They could have easily done damage limitation on Cisbusters by casting four hot women. Same as with the 'I SAW IT AND I CLAPPED' nostalgia pandering, if men see that it's four hot women doing hot women things, they really won't care that the screenplay is garbage, the jokes completely fall flat and the characters are cardboard cut-outs. They will buy a ticket to see hot women doing hot women things.

But did they do that? No. Instead they cast two 'meh' women, one hambeast and one escaped gorilla, and did a 90 minute awful (redundant, I know) SNL sketch