What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:26 pm
I'm surprised I never even heard of that game.
See, if you were a touhoufag you knew the developers as the blokes who also did a SotN clone featuring Dio reincarnated as a maid.

(The map in that one ain't as good as in the newer Lodoss one, though.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:26 am

Maybe one day I will find the right words to express my disgust, perhaps it is more pity. For now, I'd just like to ask a question.

Does it strike anyone else how sad and nihilistic this infantile shit is? How utterly depressing it is at its core? Little animu girls, maid uniforms and JoJo references layered under a thick cloak of post-irony in an attempt to appear fun and light-hearted, but to me it just strikes me as hollow.

Anyone else?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:31 am

Touhou started out as free doujin games. They were shmups played on keyboard in yoko aspect with shit graphics. Those are the "amazing" Touhou games that started a fandom.

The whole gimmick of touhou was slow, thick bullet patterns fired by waifus.

I wouldn't say Touhou were a hollow, consumerist product when they began, so much as no-budget, jank weebshit. Shikigami no Shiro is basically Touhou if it were good.

Or if you like weebshit shmups, Caladrius Blaze is a modern one and it's quite enjoyable to play. It has a lot of cheesecake ecchi stuff, but you can turn it off in options.

Castle Shikigami was made by Alfa System and Caladrius Blaze was made by MOSS, the Raiden team. Both far superior to TooHoo. TooHoo has never been original. It has always been derivative.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:55 am

I know what Touhou is, lad. I've been to image boards.
I mean the whole weebshit thing in general. This "little girls being cute" garbage.
To me it's even worse than western soyboys crying over Mahvel and Soy Wars. At least those are completely empty automatons, pretty much non-sentient things just reacting to outside stimuli.
Weebs into this particular garbage just strike me as self-deceptive.

Or maybe they are the same. Nietzsche's Last Man, a simulacrum lacking a soul or divine spark. A mockery of humans.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 am

I think when people are utterly hopeless and blackpilled, they seek out bright, cheery media to conSOOM. I suspect that is why Touhou and similar IPs are so popular. They immerse themselves in worlds where everything is happy and cute.

That's my armchair sperge analysis.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:23 am

You're over (or under) thinking it. 2hu just has lots of cute girls that are fun to masturbate to. Its not-furry Sonic or MLP.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:59 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:23 am
2hu just has lots of cute girls that are fun to masturbate to.
Ah, so pedos. Got it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:16 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 am
I think when people are utterly hopeless and blackpilled, they seek out bright, cheery media to conSOOM. I suspect that is why Touhou and similar IPs are so popular. They immerse themselves in worlds where everything is happy and cute.

That's my armchair sperge analysis.
Waifushit is one of the last bastions of true feminine beauty, gracy and cuteness in the entertainment industry. You can pretty much ignore the Western world in this regard since the industry there is getting more and more infested by "feminists" so hate- and spiteful that they won't tolerate any "females" in their vidja/cartoons that aren't literally dudes or these fat tumblrshit things.

Plus in a world were the media is controlled by political radicals all to eager to burn down civilization in an orgy of blood, violence and dilators, it is always good to have some escapism ready to remember simpler times.

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:31 am
Or if you like weebshit shmups, Caladrius Blaze is a modern one and it's quite enjoyable to play. It has a lot of cheesecake ecchi stuff, but you can turn it off in options.
Is there a dedicated button for instant cheesecake switching, in case my mother barges into my basement?
Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:23 am
You're over (or under) thinking it. 2hu just has lots of cute girls that are fun to masturbate to. Its not-furry Sonic or MLP.
Don't worry about MLP. Netflix is already ruining it for you thanks to MLP TNG.
SpoilerShow

>switch to CGI resulting in horrifying Uncanny Valley expressions
>Rainbow Dash replacement so dyke she probably started out as a dude
>A MALE PONY AS PART OF THE MAIN CAST
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:10 pm

>escapism
Exactly. Pathetic and gay.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:17 pm

It is a proud counter-movement for the few who stand against SJWs trying to make everything "political".
-Yours Truly