What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:42 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:12 am
But do you still have to listen to codec calls with that cheating whore?
You don't have to listen to any of the codec calls. Rose is a lot more bearable in the Japanese though, yes.

See, this is where the performances are like night and day. The American actress for Rose kind of plays her like the annoying girlfriend with her constant 'where is this relationship going?', 'why won't you open up to me?', 'do you remember what day it is?' calls. Whereas the Japanese actress plays her as someone with genuine love and concern for Raiden so, even though they're basically the same conversations, they don't leave you with the sense of 'Oh my God I want to die'.

I suppose this is the best rebuttal to anyone who says 'Oh you only think the Japanese actors are better because you don't understand the language. If you understood the language you'd see they're just as crap as the English actors'. No. My Japanese skills are rudimentary but I have a feel for the language and I know enough to know when what's being said is the same as the English or when it's substantially different. And, even if you can't quite understand the language, you can tell what an actor is putting into a performance and what they're not putting in.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:43 am

Oh, you can absolutely tell when an actor is in the role, whether you speak english or not. Sure, there are always those examples people will bring up of fake movie germans speaking in horrible accents. But I'm talking about genuine foreign films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kin ... es)#Awards

You don't need to speak communist to realize when an actor is inhabiting their character and performing well. This guy is a good example.

I mean, if you couldn't evaluate acting unless you spoke the language, then how the hell would anyone be able to say The Seventh Seal is a good movie? Humans don't speak that cucked penguin tongue.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:09 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:42 am
The American actress for Rose kind of plays her like the annoying girlfriend
And then she moved to the prestigious role of Tim Buckley's girlfriend in Loss:The Animated series, and nothing else as far as i know.
And the saddest thing is, the Funi VAs aren't really better than her.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 am

Did Rose call him a baka? Or mayhaps even a hentai?
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:43 am
You don't need to speak communist to realize when an actor is inhabiting their character and performing well. This guy is a good example.
Based Cao.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:23 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 am
Did Rose call him a baka? Or mayhaps even a hentai?
Far as I can tell, no. I thought it might be in the scene where Raiden goes into the women's bathroom or when you look up that one hostage's skirt, but nope

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:03 am

RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:51 pm

>thinking EDF 5 Air Raider will kinda suck in cave missions because all of his cheese becomes unavailable
<Limpet Bomb that fills entire tunnel with shrapnel
<Depth Crawler with rapid-fire bazookas
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:39 am

I've been playing a game called Sea Salt. I normally hate lovecraft-inspired vidya gaems because they tend to have all the subtlety and grace of a brick in a window. "HUR HUR LOOK AT SEA MONSTER, QUIRKY DARK WORLD, THERE IS NO HOPE" And you get the idea. But Sea Salt is quite different. There is very little dialogue so far. It's sort of an RTS. You control a mob of monsters. You play as the will of Dagon. And your job is to murder everything on the map. You start out with some basic hordelings and you can get new monsters at shrines. The game has all kinds of critters and each one is specialized for something.

I think this lovecraft game works because it leaves so much to your imagination. There is minimal dialogue and the visuals are muddy and pixelated. The gameplay is fast-paced and the game isn't up its own ass with how scary it thinks it is. So far, I'd put this one alongside og xbox/pc Call of Cthulhu and Darkest Dungeon as "actually decent" lovecraft games.

RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:28 pm

I must once again restate the superiority of MGS2's Japanese acting, particularly of Solidus

One of the biggest casting mistakes in the English version was not getting Hayter to play Solidus. John Cygan was fine but they really should have gotten Hayter and gotten him to really ham it up. The English version really lost something by having Solid and Solidus played by different people

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:39 am
I think this lovecraft game works because it leaves so much to your imagination.
You will probably like this one:

Card game in which you start as the janitor of an asylum (there are also other starting backgrounds to unlock and as dlcs, like former detective, doctor and so on) and you become the leader of a cult determined to discover the hidden knowledge behind the world one sacrifice at a time.
The game doesn't tell you anything and you have to figure out everything on your own, you can die at any moment because of starvation, disease, insanity, murder or be sent to jail because eventually you will have to start committing crimes.
Even finding a solid source of income can be difficult, and so far i haven't figured out how to perform a ritual.