What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 21, 2021 9:59 am

They should've just said that they don't know how to code a compass :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 21, 2021 12:55 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:59 am
They should've just said that they don't know how to code a compass :lol:
That has got to be one of the easiest things to code in the world.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 21, 2021 5:53 pm

A compass would make navigation extremely easy. I feel confident saying it was a deliberate decision.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 22, 2021 7:21 am

EDF5 update. The Wing Diver's double Lance works mostly as intended against Cosmonauts. I have to remember to stay close, though, since the second shot might miss or deal much less damage because these aliens like to reel back after having their armor blown off.
Urban warfare against these guys is awesome. You fly on top of a skyscraper, then silently let yourself fall on top of one to give him a quick double-headshot.
I also experimented with Phalanx weapons, but the ones I have seem to take noticably longer than my Lance.

Also apparently I lucked out in my Fencer run on Hard because I never really noticed there just how much Queen Ants can dish out the pain.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 22, 2021 10:32 am

Mostly as intended. Hahaha!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 22, 2021 11:57 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:32 am
Mostly as intended. Hahaha!
"Mostly as intended" describes EDF as a whole.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Especially in 4.1 when the quality physics engine would sometimes cause a Hector to kick your character across the entire map. This could even happen while driving a tank. It's a shame they seem to have fixed this in EDF 5.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:45 pm

EDF update. Had to adjust my Wing Diver loadout on a few missions to make it through. Not really a fan of how the Lightning Bow Formerly Known As Idunn diffuses like crazy after a while, but it's still a pretty good weapon to kill lots of insects and other cannon fodder fast.
I will probably stick to a Thunder Crossbow for now. The highest-tier one atm is maxed out in all stats, giving it good range, damage, and enough energy-efficiency to make it effectively free to use.
The Stardust Cannon is also loads of fun when it comes to killing shit, be it tight clusters of enemies or just large enemies. Also probably one of the Wing Diver's best anti-air options (not really impressed with her homing weapons).
Just be careful that no drone or ant gets too close and suddenly walks into your line of fire. Your Wing Diver will not survive the 5+k of self-inflicted damage anytime soon.

I've also played through Maldita Castilla Ex to boost my gaymur cred. Only the bad ending so far, but still.
I'm pretty sure the EX version is harder, just because there are two extra levels and the best ending partially hinges on you not dying too much.
Many speedrunners seem to like the scythes because they attack the fastest and almost all the weapons deal the same amount of damage per hit anyways, but I've found a few situations where their shorter range was a bit of a detriment. I found the daggers handier since they cover more of the screen.
The most annyoing level was probably that cursed wood near the end. Not a huge fan of these puzzle levels that keep on looping forever until you find the correct order of doors to pick.
The most annoying boss was probably Crazy Quixote (aka the lovechild of Don Quixote and Tin Man), thanks to the short windows you have in which you can even hurt the fucker in the first place.
The hardest bosses where definitely Bu and the Ex-exclusive Caterpillar. Both are pretty similar in that they are timed boss battles where you die if you can't defeat them fast enough. The time limit here is very tight, and you'll probably die if you don't make good use of every single frame.

Caterpillar is a nice reference to Majyūō, though.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:24 pm

I didn't play maldita castilla too much. Got up to crazy quixote and decided to take a break because he's kind of bullshit.

Edit: Scythe is my preferred weapon because it loops back to you and fires fast. But the ball and chain is probably best for bosses since it deals a lot of damage on bosses who only have brief periods of vulnerability.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:50 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:24 pm
I didn't play maldita castilla too much. Got up to crazy quixote and decided to take a break because he's kind of bullshit.

Just do what that guy is doing at 3:57.
While not the easiest game in the world, it is fair, unlike Ghost n' Goblins Resurrection which i'm playing right now because it came out on PC.
I unlocked the first 2 spells and reached Firebrand/Red Arremer in Legend mode, and i think i will play Knight mode from now on because of how luck related the whole bullshit felt.
I'm having way more fun with this other GnG clone:

Much gorier, the protagonist uses sword attacks, a musket that must be manually aimed and reloaded and Castlevania-like sub-weapons, he has a double jump which also works as a sword attack, and a Duck Tales-like downwards attack.
Spikes can be destroyed with attacks, and enemies left of their own will start to kill each other.