Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am

Even the violence was boring. Too quick and too obviously CG. Everything wrong with Current Year movies was crammed into that shitty thing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 04, 2021 10:23 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:25 am
However, not taking itself too seriously isn't necessarily strong praise - by that metric you should like Mediocre Cinematic Universe capeshit.
Having a bit of levity while not going full retard is an art form, much like making a parody that doesn't suck.
Modern movies just try way to hard too frame everything as the most emotional and epic event you have ever seen.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Tue May 04, 2021 12:38 pm

First Moooortaaaaal Kooooombaaaaat film is shit though, but it is goofy 90s shit, some of the casting makes it kinda enjoyable but lack of gore is still annoying, and it pissed me off when I saw it on VHS in 1995 or 96. That movie is so tame that I think it didn't get any cuts in here, while in comparison, Bloodsport and other martial arts films were cut/censored very heavily. I can imagine it still being vastly better than new one.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue May 04, 2021 3:08 pm

Regardless of what Gay Blowsmen thinks, no one really thinks the 1995 MK movie was a masterpiece - it's just a campy, harmless movie that was the product of its time. Unlike the 2021 one which is the product of woke minds doing everything they can to make a shit product that won't be enjoyed by any one.

But then again, what to expect from the same idiot who said Daisy Ridley was "charismatic as hell".

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2021 6:11 pm

He meant her ass was charismatic as hell.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue May 04, 2021 6:17 pm

You could've said charassmatic, but you fucking failed.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 04, 2021 8:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:11 pm
He meant her ass was charismatic as hell.
As if he'd be interested in it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed May 05, 2021 5:30 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:17 pm
You could've said charassmatic, but you fucking failed.
RIP
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2021 7:25 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:08 pm
Regardless of what Gay Blowsmen thinks, no one really thinks the 1995 MK movie was a masterpiece - it's just a campy, harmless movie that was the product of its time. Unlike the 2021 one which is the product of woke minds doing everything they can to make a shit product that won't be enjoyed by any one.

But then again, what to expect from the same idiot who said Daisy Ridley was "charismatic as hell".
I have never heard anyone call MK95 a masterpiece, nor praise it as anything but an enjoyable movie. I watched it a thousand times when I was a kid, but even then I recognized the shitty CG (shitty even for the time).

The highest acclaim I've ever heard for it is that it's the best video game movie, which was true for several years and might even still be true. It's weird that a bunch of middle aged men are suddenly getting big mad over it.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed May 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Detective Pikachu might be slightly more cohesive - and the 06 Silent Hill has more production value, but I see your point.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.