What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:45 pm

The first one was way ahead of its time. Does the SNES even have a Tactics RPG that can compare to Front Mission? Tactics Ogre, perhaps?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:43 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:28 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:28 pm
Agreed about Front Mission 3 rabid, I have the first one translated, 3 on the PS3 digitally, and a disc of 4. I know it wasn’t as well received but I just grabbed Evolved on sale last night.
Evolved is a stripped down Armored Core. It's not half as good as AC3, which for me is the gold standard of AC games. But Front Mission 3 and FM1 are great. Even if I weren't a buyfag, I'd still have made sure to purchase the DS game and FM3. Front Mission 1 is fucking mind-blowing when you consider how old the game is. It had all the pieces in place at around the same time Fire Emblem was starting to come into its own (with Geneology and Thracia).
I only ever got a chance to place AC5, that’s one of those series where there are a ton of subtitled sequels that were omitted from most territories and we got the numbered games instead till later on, was never sure where to start but 3 sounds good.

I wish I had that DS game, I know it’s an expanded port that adds some characters and other stuff from the later games. I play all of my emulation for NES-GBA Nintendo era and other 8-16 bit consoles on a hacked SNES Classic I snagged for cheap years back. I’ve got FM and can agree it’s an amazingly advanced game considering all they packed into it and how well it works. I also really dig the side scroller Gun Hazard because it reminds me of the Assault Suit series.

I looked at the going prices for modded classics and considered selling mine and just moving to PC, but I’m a sucker for real hardware. I’ll pop an optical emulation drive into something like a Saturn or Dreamcast or use a free mcboot card with a usb drive and PS2 though, I’m not about to pay Mad Bum for his scratched up discs with booger encrusted manuals. :lol:
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:14 pm

>Gundam's injun
>twitter wants injun games cancelled cuz everything's racist

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Should've made a game where you're a black slave killing massas.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:36 pm
Should've made a game where you're a black slave killing massas.
You don't need fiction for that. There's a proud and historically factual example of that happening in real life. It's called Haiti. A proud Caribbean nation born out of a slave revolt that burned and killed their oppressors.

Of course everybody conveniently likes to ignore Haiti because the end result was, let's put it very mildly, not-so-stellar.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:12 am

Asscreed IV has dlc where you're a black slave killing massas.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:24 am

I'm thinking more of something more Hitman-esque, where you pretend to be an obedient slave but are actually an elite warrior from Wakanda.
-Yours Truly

Guestfag

Post by Guestfag » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Nioh 2 is great. Graphics are not as fugly and plastic like in the first and also game is not 90% shit brown mines and caves. Whatever they did with the engine, they did good job and game loads up instantly unlike the first.
It is a lot easier, but maybe that's first region.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:59 pm

My first EDF 5 run (with the Ranger) is done.
The final boss fight was bit odd in that it felt a bit like I was playing God Eater or something, but the missions before where peak EDF. They really know how to spice up boss battles with a giant mothership, and there was even a massive boss rush mission. Didn't have the new kaiju they've introduced, but it had Erginus aka Not-Godzilla. That came as a bit of a surprise as the previous game never forced you to defeat one for real without Super Robot backup (not counting a certain DLC challenge mission that was the direct inspiration for this one).

I was a bit disappoint that the game didn't have an equivalent for the Argo (an alien battleship that transforms into a fuckhuge robot), and extra disappoint that the kaiju-sized spiders are still piss-easy (they get stunned easily, and you can ragdoll them across the entire map with a constant barrage of rockets; the only tricky thing is that you keep thinking it's already dead when it's really just stunned).
At least those giant frogs and the armored aliens were pretty awesome cool additions, with extra annoying weapons to boot (sniper lasers and flamethrowers being especially annoying since you can't see shit while they're shooting at you).

I've then checked out the other classes by playing through the first 12 missions with each one (the tutorial phase of sorts, before your character joins the EDF proper).
Wing Diver has changed quite a lot. Almost all weapons that draw energy directly from the generator now have to be charged before firing, and they will keep firing until the charge runs out or you cancel with her new dash mechanic (which is like straight out of Armored Core 4 or something).
Air Raider got beefed a lot. He's lost some toys to the Ranger (namely those claymore mines and a few vehicles, though the Air Raider still has way more stuff to drive/pilot), but man did they improve this air strikes. Calling in bombers now switches to a bird's eye view where you can choose exactly where they should strike. A lot of other air strikes (namely all gunship attacks) don't even require you to score points to recharge. They just reload on their own (a bit like Wing Diver weapons with a magazine), and some gunship attacks reload so fast you can use them as your main weapon (effectively calling down rockets and shotgun blasts from the sky). Fucking awesome.
The Fencer had the fewest changes IMO. They mainly improved his boosts and dashes so you can quickly move through the map without having to pull off shield/javelin cancel shenanigans.

I'll probably do the Fencer next, but man did the Air Raider become sexy in this game.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:31 pm

EDF makes me want another Lost Planet 2. It was a great mix of point a to b style missions, killing aliens with cool weapons and mechs, and MonHun style giant boss battles with 4 player co-op.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.