The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

The Firearms Thread

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:50 pm

I'm applying for my conceal and carry permit soon and will be picking up fire arms for the first time in years. I've been out of the game for a bit and have decided to start fresh and not rely on any previous experience.

I'm currently trying to decide between semi or revolver. This would be for defense so a snub nose is not out of the question. I'm not well versed in calibers and was wondering what everyone recommends starting out that will still kill a man.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:54 pm

What gun would be best for killing myself?

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Maybe don't be an NR-etard and buy any kind of gun?

But fuck it, if you've got pockets big enough, you can fit an AK-47 in there.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:28 pm

Buy a tactical shotgun with silencer and scope.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 pm

The dreaded AR-15, of course.
SpoilerShow
Glock 17 with 9mm hollow points.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Buy a tactical shotgun with silencer and scope.
I forgot I could become a mall ninja as an option.

I'm looking for an easy to maintain and reliable all metal pistol that's a semi auto, but I'm open to Revolvers, I just have next to no experience with them. Currently looking at a Colt/S&W M1911. I've fired one before and everything about the gun was easy to grasp. I'd like to avoid the shitty plastic Glocks, but if anyone knows a GOOD model I'll try one out when I start shopping around.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm

Look at a Sig P229. Metal frame, 9mm. Its comfortable to hold and shoot and holds plenty of bullets. If you get a M1911 you'll be limited to 8. Size is maybe a bit on the upper end of whats concealed-carryable depending on how comfortably you can pack it.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Yeah a 1911 is great (my personal fav) but it's hard to lug it around all day depending on what you do.

A revolver is pretty easy. With six shots on say a Ruger .327 or .357, you should be able to deter most single threats fine. Low maintenance and weight isn't an issue.

Of course, everyone talks about the S&W. Get the version where you load a .40 and feel good knowing what you're about to pump in.

I would say first figure out the model type you want (if based on a historical variant) and then manufacturer.
I personally grew to like a CZ RAMI since it's lightweight with none of that plastic polymer shit.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:20 pm
Yeah a 1911 is great (my personal fav) but it's hard to lug it around all day depending on what you do.

A revolver is pretty easy. With six shots on say a Ruger .327 or .357, you should be able to deter most single threats fine. Low maintenance and weight isn't an issue.

Of course, everyone talks about the S&W. Get the version where you load a .40 and feel good knowing what you're about to pump in.

I would say first figure out the model type you want (if based on a historical variant) and then manufacturer.
I personally grew to like a CZ RAMI since it's lightweight with none of that plastic polymer shit.
M1911 was so great to handle, I think I was shooting a S&W but I can't remember. As for the .40 caliber, I'm a complete idiot about calibers. Why would I want the .40 over say a .45?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm
Look at a Sig P229. Metal frame, 9mm. Its comfortable to hold and shoot and holds plenty of bullets. If you get a M1911 you'll be limited to 8. Size is maybe a bit on the upper end of whats concealed-carryable depending on how comfortably you can pack it.
Looking them up now. Looks like it could take a beating and still work ok. The size seems small to me which would be awesome. Adding it to the shopping list.

On another note, I need to find a gun store with a range so I can pay to shoot all these.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:11 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

M1911 was so great to handle, I think I was shooting a S&W but I can't remember. As for the .40 caliber, I'm a complete idiot about calibers. Why would I want the .40 over say a .45?
It depends on what the weapon is built to handle. If you find a piece you prefer that can take .45, and that is comfortable for you to wear, then fuck yes by all means use that.

.40 is standard police issue here in burgerland but .45 reliably goes through body armor. With a .45 you don't really need to worry if you can't get to a range right now. Just pull the trigger and you win.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.