The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:44 am

A Walther WA 2000. 7.62 real NeATO, practical size for urban warfare and so rare and fucking expensive that I will otherwise never be able to own one.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 am

MP5 close second.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:59 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:44 am
A Walther WA 2000. 7.62 real NeATO, practical size for urban warfare and so rare and fucking expensive that I will otherwise never be able to own one.
Are they that rare, even in the native Germany?

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:19 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Ahh, a man of fine taste. I believe only 176 were ever manufactured, I’ve always want to fire one, or at least see it up close and personal.

Question for DHI, I’ve got lax options for firearms access, and am trying to get one each of a handgun, shotgun, and rifle.

Regarding the the shotgun I’ve narrowed it down between the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500. I like their specs and my local shop/range will let me try them both out before buying. Price tags are decent on both.

The handgun is the most important, since it’ll be my open carry. I’ve had dozens of manufacturers and models thrown at me, so this will be the tougher one. I learned to shoot from an early age and am a decent shot still, so hit me with your personal preferences and information.

The rifle is a bit different. I’ve only ever handled hunting rifles, so civilian available rifles for popping antifag heads from a vantage point self defense are the most unfamiliar to me.

I do like revolvers too, but want to go magazine based for the handgun. I might get a snub nosed revolver for concealed carry or to serve as a backup weapon, depending on my budget.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:12 pm

For a rifle just go with an AR-15. They just work, ammo is easy to get and you can get one for just about any budget.
Guest wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:59 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Are they that rare, even in the native Germany?
As Zeon mentioned, only a little above 170 were ever made. How many are even out there in the market is anybody's guess. They were made for special police forces as a compact, medium range sniper rifle against terrorists in hostage situations.
So the ones they made are either with the GSG9, SEK or in the hands of collectors.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:15 pm

>nobody mentioning the MG 42
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:15 pm
>nobody mentioning the MG 42
You need a government contract for all the ammo that thing goes through.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:12 pm
So the ones they made are either with the GSG9, SEK or in the hands of collectors.
Shame. I knew they were rare (I think fewer than ten were imported into the US) but I thought they wouldn't be quite so rare in Germany. I've always wanted one. Bond uses one in The Living Daylights
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

and I've always thought it looked cool. Fucking Hollywood sells more guns than anybody. Too bad this one's a unicorn

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:31 pm
You need a government contract for all the ammo that thing goes through.
But it will be fun while it lasts.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:40 pm

Some CC (Chad Coloradoan) presents two classics. Yeah, yeah, clips, magazines, how many rounds were shot, who gives a fuck. MAC TEN BABY, FULL AUTO YEE HAW! Let those fucking Iraqis have it.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.