Words and phrases that only assholes use

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
User avatar
Lindsay's Liver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:45 am

"Vaccine hesitant" is a terrible term that I will never use and even pro-jab people I've seen don't use it. Those people aren't shy about saying point blank that the unvaccinated are shitheads who deserve to die.

It's a "polite" term, though. I can imagine NPR adopting it. I think Konstantin Kisin uses it because he's trying (a little too hard) to get the vaccinated to understand the unvaccinated and that it's about more than just "Muh precious bodily fluids! MAGA!". So, he keeps his language milquetoast.

I like his thread, but it's just preaching to the choir, in the end. There's no unity on this issue. Because it's about more than the vaccine. It's about the cultural divide.
Last edited by Lindsay's Liver on Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter
Posts: 37215
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:53 am

It's not polite. It's Brave New World kinda newspeak that doesn't even allow for the possibility of negativity towards the NWO.

Again, same shit as the socialist SPD fucker I mentioned talking about Brexit. It just can't be possible to have reasonable reservations against the vaccine so those that didn't take it must just be misunderstanding something, supposedly because they are dumb.

It's about as hostile as it gets.
SpoilerShow
Image
Psalm 137:9

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 17238
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:58 am

Yep. It's propaganda talk. Making your opposition out to be merely undecided rather than actively opposed.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 35092
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:01 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:45 am
"Vaccine hesitant" is a terrible term that I will never use and even pro-jab people I've seen don't use it. Those people aren't shy about saying point blank that the unvaccinated are shitheads who deserve to die.
Sadly Corona-chan won't do the killing for them. I wonder why :roll:
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:40 am
Isn't the most likely target for that "what's the point?" question the fact that it might be PG-13?
That's the rational conclusion, my fellow nakama.
The "female lead" part didn't even register with the original tweeter, but his tweet was worded just ambiguously enough for SJWs looking for tweets to be offended about to gladly twist in their "favor".

Some of the folks in the comment section who also think this was a sexist tweet might not even be aware of their folly. It's all internalized. Maybe they think the tweet is sexist because they can't even process that "PG-13" might be a problem for other people, leaving "female lead" as the only option left.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

User avatar
Dingus Bajingus
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:06 pm
Location: Lilac City, Burgerland

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:12 pm

I don't think it's even as complicated as all that; just that the female lead thing came before the PG-13 thing in the headline. As you say, all duder had to do was say "PG-13? Then what's the point?" instead of just the second bit.

User avatar
CuckTurdginson
Posts: 2708
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:16 pm

that pesky adblock.
mad bum wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:04 pm
they are deserve it.

User avatar
Musical Space Cowboy
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:11 pm

"unprecedented"

The word loses its impact when everything is described as "unprecedented".

User avatar
Guest

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Musical Space Cowboy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:11 pm
"unprecedented"
The word loses its impact when everything is described as "unprecedented".
This is an unprecedented post.

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 35092
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:23 pm

I am unprecedentedly shocked and amazed.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

User avatar
Guest

Re: Words and phrases that only assholes use

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:53 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:23 pm
I am unprecedentedly shocked and amazed.
Imagine my unprecedented shock

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests