Non-complaining thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
McGinnis

Re: Non-complaining thread

Post by McGinnis » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:47 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:07 am
I had one professor I felt I could not get along with at all. I ended up dropping her class after the first or second session. She was supposed to be teaching Shakespeare but she hated Hamlet. She called it adolescent, white male pandering garbage. I couldn't deal with a person like that. Even if you hold that opinion, to say it on the first day of class, and also to state that you had no intention to teach any of the Shakespeare stories you didn't personally like? Pass.
Yeah, If I had somebody like that now I'd almost certainly drop the class. But when I was a young and impressionable teenager? I dunno.

Fortunately none of my professors were particularly radical. At least, not overtly. When I went it was sort of background radiation levels of liberalism. One professor complained about muh wage gap and another (otherwise pretty good) professor sort of floated the idea that gender, as in the way men and women behave and their roles in society, is a social construct (which it isn't). None of them asked for people's pronouns and none of them went on long rants about patriarchal cis white male scum.

Of course this was before 2012, when everything started to go insane.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:23 am

Does nobody else have bullshit meters anymore? Even as a schoolkid, I didn't trust adults and I could tell if a teacher was full of shit. (Seemed to happen with substitute teachers a lot!)

I went to an shitlib hippie SJW college. When a professor would go off on some weird tangent I would just roll my eyes. I remember one time this professor that we liked announced his next class would be called "People of the Triangle". I remember one of the other students making a "jack off" gesture when he heard the title. That guy had a BS detector too. I can't fathom these sheep that believe everything that is told to them.
お前はもう死んでいる。

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:17 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:23 am
Does nobody else have bullshit meters anymore?
I don't know. Look how many people still believe in god.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:52 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
I went to an shitlib hippie SJW college. When a professor would go off on some weird tangent I would just roll my eyes. I remember one time this professor that we liked announced his next class would be called "People of the Triangle".
The pink triangle?
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:29 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Does nobody else have bullshit meters anymore? Even as a schoolkid, I didn't trust adults and I could tell if a teacher was full of shit. (Seemed to happen with substitute teachers a lot!)

I went to an shitlib hippie SJW college. When a professor would go off on some weird tangent I would just roll my eyes. I remember one time this professor that we liked announced his next class would be called "People of the Triangle". I remember one of the other students making a "jack off" gesture when he heard the title. That guy had a BS detector too. I can't fathom these sheep that believe everything that is told to them.
For every student who mimes a jacking-off gesture in college, there are a hundred who were thinking it and never said so.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:27 pm

People have gotten easier to scam for sure.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:06 pm

I have been busy recently with improving on cooking and learning new dishes. Most importantly, I got a few things I have wanted for a while now.
While I moved away from Teflon pans, I still had two "ceramic" non-stick pans. I have no idea if there's some toxic shit in those coatings as well. So I figured it's time to switch to non-coated pans.

I got a middle class Tefal stainless steel pan first. Maybe I'll upgrade to an all-clad one later but it does its job just fine.
Let me tell you, it teaches you a thing or two about temperature control. I made smash burgers in it and running it too hot leads to a mess. But tuned right and getting used to it getting crazy hot real quick gets you amazing results. I'll mostly use it for acidic food and sauces.

This week I got a carbon steel pan. A De Buyer Mineral B Pro. The pro version because it has an oven-safe, cast stainless steel handle. Since I have an electric hob, it needs to be oven safe for burning it in. Plus, oven-safe is always better anyway.
I burned it in two times, figuring I'll skip the recommended three more times and just have general use do the rest.

Bacon immediately worked perfectly. No sticking whatsoever. Egg, however, stuck quite a bit. I then made a steak, which went really well. It'll initially stick but releases automatically when it's starting to get a sear and it seared amazingly well!

Yesterday, I went with the potato peel seasoning method. Just the peels, some fat and a large load of salt and frying that to absolute bits.
I boiled the peeled potatoes to let them cool off and later make fried potatoes with Schmalzfleisch, a German nuclear shelter classic.
Schmalzfleisch is a canned pork sausage with a lot of lard in the tin. It's a type of bomb shelter ration. Tastes great on bread as it is.
Of course, I used the lard to fry the potatoes, adding a finely chopped shallot a bit later and the diced sausage towards the end.

It worked like a dream. Nothing stuck to the pan whatsoever.
This morning I made fried eggs again and they barely stuck at all. A little encouragement with the spatula and they released and slid around freely. I'm sure that in a week or two the coating will have burned in well enough to give an omelette a try.

If you haven't thrown out your Teflon cancer pans yet, go ahead and make the jump. You'll be glad you did. Cooking is more fun with good old iron and steel.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:40 pm

Everyone have a good Easter?
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:35 pm

Yeah. Lamb shank at my parent's today and tomorrow and a nice four day weekend otherwise.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:28 am

Can't complain either. It's always been a very cozy holiday.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette