Non-complaining thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-complaining thread

Post by mad bum » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:13 pm

Yeah given things different I would of learned how to weld, it's always a wanted trade and I hear stupid easy to get into.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:26 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:51 pm
Not to mention that going to college seems to be some kind of expected rite of passage in the USA.
That's Hollywood propaganda for you.
If some main character kid is old enough for college, you can bet your ass he's in college.
If he's not old enough yet, you can bet there's gonna be a mention of that fabled college tuition fee money that his parents have been amassing since before he was even born.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:54 pm

The only real options given at my high school were go to college or join da troops. The "trade" classes were jokes with minimal employment help.
I was very close to joining the army but my parents were fully against it so after graduation I worked in factories and on farms until I saved enough to start my own thing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:26 pm
That's Hollywood propaganda for you.
It's more than that. In some places it's expected by absolutely everyone around.
It's a bit like not learning a job in Germany. People will think you're a loser. Just that they would be correct here.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:39 am

RedLine wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:54 pm
The only real options given at my high school were go to college or join da troops. The "trade" classes were jokes with minimal employment help.
I was very close to joining the army but my parents were fully against it so after graduation I worked in factories and on farms until I saved enough to start my own thing.
You have your own business?
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:02 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:51 pm
Not to mention that going to college seems to be some kind of expected rite of passage in the USA.
All my retarded boomer relatives pressured me to go my entire life. It's just expected that you go to college if you can afford it. Even if you can't.

Hopefully the great college scams of the last decade or two have started to open eyes to how worthless most degrees are. You're better off learning a skill and building up experience.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:23 am

RedLine wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:54 pm
Your parents prevented you from fighting in Israel's wars? Bad, bad goyim!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:10 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:02 am
You're better off learning a skill and building up experience.
Which brings me to ask about something I don't know about the US very well. How do job qualifications work?
Here, just about every job is a learned profession. Not that you have to have learned it to do it, but there's almost always the option. Yes, even flipping burgers at MacDick can be. That'd be "Gastronimical Salesman". So you can start an apprenticeship as a burger flipper and have school to go along with the profession - to ultimately be way overqualified for Mickey D's but fairly prepared for a restaurant job at most levels.

Sure, it won't have the same prestige as if you had learned at a proper restaurant, but it'll be understood as a stepping stone.
At least you've learned something and that's honestly more valued than a school degree here. Because unless you've studied at a University, which is something far more rare than going to college is in USA, you better have a finished apprenticeship. Otherwise it's shit city for you.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:10 am

A lot of shit is done with meaningless certifications to show you jumped through some hoops. Like getting a food handler's card to flip burgers. Apprenticeship isn't so common for jobs here. Unpaid internships are though. A lot of jobs are just, here's the job listing and they want somebody who is already doing that exact job with 5 years+ experience but who will work for much less than the going wage.

There have been studies and articles demonstrating how companies will post job listings just to show (the government) they're technically "hiring," but use the requirements to weed out every candidate automatically.

The places that are actually desperate for hires will offer to train and provide competitive wages. But most places aren't interested in that. Many companies here have at least some jobs they can still outsource or contract that they haven't yet. Despite what the media may say, those places are still not rushing to hire. I've seen plenty of businesses fire or allow employees to quit and then just never replace those positions. Even when the positions were essential. They move the work onto the few remaining employees or juggle it around with temps and outsourced workers.

The aging workforce not retiring because they can't afford to + new people aging into the workforce and being underemployed or unemployed, shit is just kinda fucked here in general. One reason why a college degree is worth so little now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:00 pm

After a hot day, there's now a nice thunderstorm and cool air coming along, right in time to go to sleep.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!