Spirits

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Spirits

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Where we talk about alcohols, not ghosts.
So, I'm pretty smashed right now since I've not been drinking for a while and decided to go have a few Gin & Tonic's today.
First time for me to taste the Tanqueray Ten, the supposedly better version of the regular Tanqueray. Quite honestly, it's neat that you can pour ridiculous amounts of gin in the cocktail, since it's fairly light, but it's not quite the juniper monster that regular Tanqueray is.
A bit of a Laphroaig situation here. The Ten is good. Damn good, even. But it's not as blunt and rough as the regular. Just like a Quarter Cask or Cask Strength are also good Laphroaigh's but they aren't as bluntly phenolic as the ten year old that you've fallen in love with.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Re: Spirits

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:26 am

I opened this thread thinking "you better be talking about alcohol and not ghosts." I was not disappointed.

I've never been a gin person. My best buddy was. To me it's like drinking a pine tree marinated in mouthwash.

I prefer rum and brandy. Both excellent. A good dark rum is tasty enough to drink straight with maybe some ice. I've had a lot of dark rums and my favorite is Cruzan Black Strap. It's a very inexpensive dark rum but it is my favorite. Spoony's Kracken is good too, but it just tastes different. It's probably a tad overpriced tbh because of the hipster effect and hype.

In the USA, most spirits are whiskey tbh. I think that's pretty much always been the case. We have a lot of whiskey here. I've had different kinds and they're ok. I'm not rich enough to go drinking the 10 year aged single malt cask whatever kind.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:08 am

Islay whiskeys are my favourite, they just tend to be quite pricey here. Lagavulin 16 year 0,7L 76€, Ardbeg 10 year 0,7L 65€, Bunnahabhain 18 year 0,7L 140€ etc. Ordering the stuff online from i.e. Germany you'll save a half of that price. Downside for that is ordering alcohol online is a nightmare here and there's a change it will get stuck in customs.

For getting wasted, whiskey is a terrible idea, both for its price and the morning after hangover. For that the best combination is just lager and straight vodka. Russian Standard is pretty unbeatable, Ruskies know how to play chess and how to distill.

Then there's an art how to drink and blaze simultaneously, but that's hidden knowledge. Amateurs will throw up and/or get completely fucked up. :mrgreen:
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 am

This is way better than any liquor.

A N C I E N T T E X T S
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:05 am

I don't drink at all anymore, but I love cooking with alcohol; Dijon Cognac Beef Stew is a favorite. I used to drink heavily (and do other illicit substances), but the older I got, the less I enjoyed drinking or being on anything.

When I did drink, I liked everything from Imperial Stouts to the gayest of fruity boat drinks.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:36 am

Although, I can't lie; I'm slightly disappointed that I can't regale everyone (two people at best) with my much legit tales of ghostly possession.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:22 am

Vodka is just whatever. It's the bog standard mixer alcohol. That's why you notice women drinking it a lot, and alcoholics drink it a lot too. You just mix it with some shit and drink it. Like how April will mix some shitty wine with honey and sugar and drink that garbage. Alcoholics and women like wine too btw. Alcoholics and women just throw vodka in with something that tastes good so they can get wasted. Good vodka doesn't taste like anything. That's why the best vodka imo is some shit like Svedka that is reasonably cheap but not super fucking nasty like some of the bottom-shelf vodkas and whiskeys are.

I can confirm the worst I ever got fucked up was on whiskey. Whiskey is a terrible one to drink in terms of hangover/being drunk. The worst thing to drink though is probably any of those alcopops, because the combination of sugar and high alcohol percentage + the quality quality of the malt liquor itself leads to a REALLY shitty and fucked up buzz and a huge hangover.

Rum, brandy and a nice hefe or porter are my drinks of choice. An ice cold black boss porter can't be beat.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:47 am

Speaking of worst mistakes, one of the worst I made was doing a double shot of 151, I was like 23 and when I did it my throat closed up and I thought I was going to die at the bar, but thankfully after a few seconds it went away. I mostly stopped drinking after that.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:25 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:22 am
Vodka is just whatever. It's the bog standard mixer alcohol. That's why you notice women drinking it a lot, and alcoholics drink it a lot too. You just mix it with some shit and drink it. Like how April will mix some shitty wine with honey and sugar and drink that garbage. Alcoholics and women like wine too btw. Alcoholics and women just throw vodka in with something that tastes good so they can get wasted. Good vodka doesn't taste like anything. That's why the best vodka imo is some shit like Svedka that is reasonably cheap but not super fucking nasty like some of the bottom-shelf vodkas and whiskeys are.
Nope. Good vodka isn't meant to be mixed with anything, it's meant to be tasted. Vodka martini is ok, vermouth and good vodka play nicely together. Bloody Mary can also be mellow drink now and then, but it's such a chore to make, almost like cooking. I used to drink screwdrivers but eventually I got disgusted by that orange taste in my mouth next morning. Vodka + Coke or some other soft drink is just nasty.

http://vodkaphiles.com/blog/how-to-taste-vodka/

Vodka is expensive here, that's why alcies here prefer cheapest beers, fortified wine or homemade wine.

Honey and wine? Sounds like orc mischief to me.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm so lame when it comes to alcohol. I mainly just drink beer, and even that too rarely to have a preferred brand or anything.
Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:36 am
Although, I can't lie; I'm slightly disappointed that I can't regale everyone (two people at best) with my much legit tales of ghostly possession.
We need a ghostshit thread.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette