Spirits

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Spirits

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:55 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:00 am
I've never had absinthe, and I can't remember if I've ever even seen it at the liquor stores here.
I've always wanted to try absinthe but I don't think it legal here. Ironically mushrooms are a grey area.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:10 pm

Lmao nigga afaik the only reason it ever became not legal was because it got hit by some kind of Satanic Panic due to idiots that kept memeing it into a hardcore drug.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:03 am

Wait, it is legal here in Canada. They sort of cucked the drink by kneecapping the amount of thujone in it.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:32 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:10 pm
Lmao nigga afaik the only reason it ever became not legal was because it got hit by some kind of Satanic Panic due to idiots that kept memeing it into a hardcore drug.
Same as nunchucks, but I still can't buy them at a normal store.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:18 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:32 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Same as nunchucks, but I still can't buy them at a normal store.
We need knuckle-dusters and switch blades legalized. I can only walk around Toronto with a roll of quarters and a chain on my belt for protection.
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wine went nearly extinct in Europe, as most of you know.
So Absinthe was created and popularised. The French would meet in locales after work to have a few glasses of wine. Like pub culture.

Replace the wine with Absinthe and what you get is a serious alcoholic epidemic.
Jaque was used to his three glasses of table wine of just under 10% abv.
Absinthe traditionally has 68% and mixed with 3-5 parts water, usually 3, it can easily clock in at over 20% abv.

The thujon has been blamed for all kinds of things but in all actuality, even with the highest thujon Absinthe ever made, you'd be past blackout drunk twice over before hitting the theoretical threshold of psychotropic effects.

Nonetheless, it was a movement led by women and heavily supported by the wine lobby. Against all distilled spirits actually but Absinthe was the most popular spirit at the time.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:19 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:52 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wine went nearly extinct in Europe, as most of you know.
So Absinthe was created and popularised. The French would meet in locales after work to have a few glasses of wine. Like pub culture.

Replace the wine with Absinthe and what you get is a serious alcoholic epidemic.
Jaque was used to his three glasses of table wine of just under 10% abv.
Absinthe traditionally has 68% and mixed with 3-5 parts water, usually 3, it can easily clock in at over 20% abv.

The thujon has been blamed for all kinds of things but in all actuality, even with the highest thujon Absinthe ever made, you'd be past blackout drunk twice over before hitting the theoretical threshold of psychotropic effects.

Nonetheless, it was a movement led by women and heavily supported by the wine lobby. Against all distilled spirits actually but Absinthe was the most popular spirit at the time.
Women had a voice even then? Has Europe always sucked?
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:33 pm

It was all over once England and other countries made ruling queens a thing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:40 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:33 pm
It was all over once England and other countries made ruling queens a thing.
Anglos! Every. Time.
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:15 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:19 pm
Women had a voice even then? Has Europe always sucked?
Keep in mind that they were pretty much just the useful idiots for the revived wine lobby.
Those sure as shit didn't advocate for sobriety, as the women did, but that people get smashed on wine again instead of Absinth or really any distilled spirit.

While also popular in especially Switzerland, Absinth wasn't the rousing success it was in France elsewhere.
French wine making a comeback however was very much in the interest of the Republic. At the time, no other nation could make wine that would measure up to French wine and they wanted their export cash cow back.

So the women likely wouldn't have achieved jack shit without the financial interest of the powers that be utilising them. Not much has changed in that regard ever since.

But yes, Europe has always sucked. A bit like Democracy and Capitalism. Shit but the best we have.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!