Spirits

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
ebin namefag

Re: Spirits

Post by ebin namefag » Sat May 21, 2022 1:59 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:35 pm
Mai Boy
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:14 pm
If you're human, you will likely enjoy the cock
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 22, 2022 1:21 am

Well played. Let's see where this one takes us.

Hurricane
A confusing cocktail. Allegedly first served at the World Fair 1939 at the Hurricane bar to six million but the math doesn't add up.

It's made with Fassionola, a Tiki syrup that doesn't exist anymore and nobody knows the make off.
All anyone can agree on is that it was basically passion fruit syrup for all it matters.

Pat O'Brien's in Louisiana claims they were the first to make them but make them with some blender mix for high turnover. So it's not original either.
You'll find about a dozen different recipes for it and none are the original one that is lost to time.

Despite that, it's an IBA drink and has the Hurricane glass named after it. Wild stuff. Anyway, I'll go with a simple recipe, for I am a simple drunk.

1 part passion fruit syrup
1 part fresh lemon juice
4 parts of rum of your choice
1 splash of grenadine

Now, how much you chose comes down to how sweet your syrup is.
As for the rum, lean towards the dark side. I find 2 dark and 2 aged to be best.
I've also tried four different rums. Stick with two, make one a dark and you'll be fine.

Passion fruit forward, a bit sour, full blast rum. Dangerously easy to drink. Have a nice White Boy Summer!

Oh shit, I forgot the make. Add loads of ice in a shaker, shake heavily until the shaker is below freewing cold and open pour into the glass.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:00 am

Because I'm a fucking normie drinker, I tried Corona and it wasn't very good. Basically tasted like what skunk smells like. And now I'm going to try out Foster's and eventually Yuengling which I'd love to share. Hopefully I get better taste, but then I'll actually turn out to be an alcoholic.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:12 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:00 am
Because I'm a fucking normie drinker, I tried Corona and it wasn't very good.
SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR NOT TAKING THE FAUCI OUCHIE REEE

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:41 am

Welp, the green Foster's ale was slightly better, although it just has a plastic taste to it rather than skunky. The can was fucking enormous, but it's alright.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:44 am

Tsingtao, Sapporo and Heinecken are inoffensive lagers, if you're in the market. Sapporo just tastes like corn squeezings to me. Kind of refreshing when you drink it chilled on a hot day. The "skunky" taste should not be something you encounter regularly when drinking beer. Beer has a "beer flavor" but the skunkfunk isn't part of it. The skunk comes from macro-adjunct swiller factories putting god-knows-what into their mix.

If you want some actually good beer, get yourself a whitbier, hefe, porter or stout. Don't bother with hipster microbrews because 99% of them are mediocre. Most are probably inferior to some random-ass Blue Moon or Sierra Nevada (non-IPA) beer.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:55 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:36 pm

We have a beer thread, actually.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:54 pm

Zombie

It's time for another Tiki drink and an absolute legend at that!
Created by Don the Beachcomber, the creator of Tiki, it's a cocktail with a lot of bullshit recipes around.

Ya see, Don had a strong competitor named Trader Vic. Don was absolutely convinced that Vic's absolute smash hit cocktail, the Mai Tai, was a copy of his Q.B. Cooler.
It is not known if that's the case or not. Nobody has any proof of the Q.B. Cooler existing before the Mai Tai and Trader Vic's story of how he invented it is, like most barkeeper stories about their cocktails, likely absolute bullshit.

Whenever a barkeeper is asked about a legendary cocktail they invented, you get the same story. Someone ordered something along the lines of "make me something special" and they just threw some stuff together and struck gold.
That is a tradition that goes back to Jerry Thomas, arguably the inventor of the modern bar drinks. So to the very late 19th to early 20th century. Nobody ever admits to trial and error and refinement. It's always a story like that.
Same goes for the Zombie, of course, which Don threw together for a pal that had a few too many drinks the day before and wanted something strong to kill the hangover.
These days, you'd get a Bloody Mary. But Don ran a Tiki bar. He wouldn't make a fucking Bloody Mary. After all, his bar had something like fifty different bottles of rum but no vodka.

However, since Don was absolutely paranoid about his recipe being stolen, everything was secret.
Ingredients were prepared by Don beforehand and just got numbered labels. So even his barkeeps would only have a list of "1 ounce of #5, 1.5 ounces of #3" and so on.

Don's personal notebooks have since been found and thanks to that, we actually now know what "Don's Mix" for example is, which is also required for a Zombie.
We need:

45ml of aged Jamaican Rum
45ml of aged Puerto Rican Rum
30ml of overproof Demarara Rum
22.5ml fresh Lime Juice
15ml Don's Mix
15ml Falernum
6 drops of Pernod
1 bar spoon Grenadine
1 dash of Angostura Bitters

Don's Mix is a 2:1 blend of Grapefruit Juice and Cinnamon Syrup.
I actually couldn't get Cinnamon Syrup, so I just put 5 more ml of Falernum in it.
Falernum itself is a lot like Orgeat. It's an almond syrup that also contains clove, vanilla and ginger. It's a Tiki standard.

The actual Zombie, as opposed to most recipes you will find, has basically no fruit juice in it. No passion fruit, no papaya, no orange. Just lime and grapefruit.
Oh and four ounces of rum, one of them overproof.

Puerto Rican rum usually implies "if you can't get Cuban rum". So I'm using 7yr old Havanna Club.
For the Jamaican I'm using 8yr old Appleton Estate.
The overproof choice would usually be Smith&Cross, but mine is empty and the store was fresh out. So I picked Pott 54%, which is basically a Jamaican rum, so not quite as molasses heavy as a Demarara would be.
I have Pernod, but not the Pastis but the Absinthe, so that's what I'm using.
Proper Absinthe is still somewhat regulated in burgerland, whereas we can get the good shit and I've got a good selection of French Absinthes at home. Because of course I do. :lol:

It's a shame that they didn't have cinnamon syrup. Usually, they have it where they have coffee for basic bitches. But they only had vanilla and caramel there. I can see that adding another dimension rhat I'm not getting here.
As it stands, what I have is a cocktail that has a lot in common with the Mai Tai. It's a more dry blend of rums. It's noticeable why Demarara was picked originally. I'll try one with dark rum instead next. I don't think it's too bad that it isn't overproof, as we're not wanting for a lack of alcohol content with this cocktail anyway.

But even I am noticing a slight buzz from just one of these. It would certainly kill any hangover you have in an instant. A second one would get you right back to being fucked up, though.

Don't mind me posting a bunch of nonsense later today. :mrgreen:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:44 am

Black rum is my preference for all drinks, mixed or not. But I can imagine some preferring a better mixing drink. I say you haven't lived until you've had rum and coke with black rum.

Other than that, I'm not very experienced at mixing drinks and usually drink them neat or on the rocks.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome