People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:43 am

>low-tier jobs being less beneficial than social welfare

Reminds me of my own motherland *sob*
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:15 am
So let me bitch about what it's like being poor in America.
I'm working my part-time job, even though I feel like shit like 70% of the time. I'm only making around $400 a month on average. So I get this letter that says they're cutting me off SSI for earning too much money. Then I get another letter that says they're cutting me off food stamps because I'm cut off of SSI.

So I think me working is a wash, or perhaps I'm actually LOSING money by doing so. It's really demoralizing. They want to keep me poor so that I can never climb out of the hole. So many people are in the same predicament.
You are losing money. The SSI payout + what you save on food stamps and health care makes you money ahead to not work. That's absolutely intentional, by the way. Completely planned.

Best advice I can give you is try to find full-time work somewhere. If you're not well enough for full-time work, you might be better off with the SSI and stamps. It sucks but that's the modern world. A tiny percentage hoard the vast majority of wealth while the rest fight over crumbs.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:33 pm

Part-time is for low-skill work done by one half of a household with a full-time worker.
You can substitute the household but not carry one on your own.

Unless you have an actual marketable skill, unless you lack morals or are beyond lucky, you won't be shit. Not even self-sufficient.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:46 pm

I fucking wish I could get back on SSI. I know growing up my parents were able to get me on it but they changed the rules and made it harder now.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:57 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:46 pm
I fucking wish I could get back on SSI.
Scratched disk and dumpster-diving business isn't doing so hot, eh?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:26 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:57 pm
mad bum wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:46 pm
I fucking wish I could get back on SSI.
Scratched disk and dumpster-diving business isn't doing so hot, eh?
I actually do work, but yeah the last few years has been brutal for finds. Ever since they dropped the IRS reporting on places like ebay to $600 you find nothing but resellers at flea markets, and all the thrift stores either sell shit online now or know what to look for and overprice it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:08 pm

Boy, sure sounds like you're not doing much better than being a "wagie". Could've told you before that being your own boss isn't any more free or easier either but you wouldn't have listened anyway.

Not that SSI is better either. Then you're just a state slave. Pretty sure that option isn't open to you as a house "owner" anyway.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:32 pm

That thift store in particular must really suck, because I managed to get a PS3 for 40 bucks (at a Goodwill, but it should count), and it came with two Dualshock 3 controllers and worked well. Could just be dumb luck because realistically, you know that shit would've been priced higher.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:06 am

That's because dumb people got rid of their perfectly functioning PS3 that has some games when they purchased the newfangled PS4 and PS5, both with no games whatsoever.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:06 am
That's because dumb people got rid of their perfectly functioning PS3 that has some games when they purchased the newfangled PS4 and PS5, both with no games whatsoever.
And no backwards compatibility, either.