People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:45 pm
Learning C isn't hard but it's a lot to remember and I don't think my brain is up for it.
Well, even if you learn it poorly take solace in the fact that you can still get an overpaid job in government, programming their ludicrous coronavirus models that predict the entire population will be dead by 2022

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:59 am

Or that the polar caps will be completely gone in two years and that the sea level will rise by 15 metres.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:22 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:45 pm
Learning C isn't hard but it's a lot to remember and I don't think my brain is up for it.
Well, even if you learn it poorly take solace in the fact that you can still get an overpaid job in government, programming their ludicrous coronavirus models that predict the entire population will be dead by 2022
That was C++ shitcode.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:25 pm

I've been forced to #learntocode C++ in university. I actually like the language, I like the freedom it offers with global variables and goto. What I don't like about it is its difficult OOP concept.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:39 pm
That was C++ shitcode.
I heard Neil Ferguson's (of Imperial College infamy) models were programmed using C. These were the models that predicted 750,000 covid deaths in Britain and 2 million + deaths in America. The real figures are nowhere near that, even with the cooked numbers

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:39 pm

Dude played Plague Inc and just handed in his campaign results.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:39 pm
That was C++ shitcode.
I heard Neil Ferguson's (of Imperial College infamy) models were programmed using C. These were the models that predicted 750,000 covid deaths in Britain and 2 million + deaths in America. The real figures are nowhere near that, even with the cooked numbers
A programming language is only as smart as the moron using it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:08 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:07 pm
A programming language is only as smart as the moron using it.
Well, Ferguson is a grade A moron. Pushed for lockdowns on the basis that he actually believes China's bullshit numbers, then immediately broke the lockdown he pushed for to go and fuck his mistress. And our government ministers are still listening to this idiot, even though he's literally never been right once. He once predicted Britain could see something like 50,000 swine flu deaths and the real number was closer to about 400.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 pm

He probably pulled a Movieblob and empathsized that so many people "could" die, not that they "will" die :thinking:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:47 pm

He's definitely pulling a MovieBlob, in the sense that he's not simply an idiot but actively malicious. The only way his models could be so badly wrong is if they were deliberately so. His models for foot and mouth disease led to a lot of cattle being destroyed and they were as wildly inaccurate as his models for the Swine Flu and the Kung Flu. His covid doomsaying was probably designed to put pressure on our government to implement as many needless and draconian restrictions as possible