People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:21 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:10 am
Microshit rolled up a Windows 8.1 update that fucked up my install and could not be restored or repaired in any way, shape or form. So I spent the night doing the super fun task of reinstalling the OS and all the programs that either were installed in the same disk or require some sort of Windows Registry finaglying to work. Not to mention the save games that I lost because I didn't have a backup for the default save data directory.
Haha
Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:10 am
Oh, and I got a new PS3 controller I purchased and realized I got scammed, because they sold (and charged) as if it was an original PS3 controller, but sent me a poor quality counterfeit. Hopefully the marketplace will refund my purchase without me having to go directly to the credit card company to ask for the refund.
Haha

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:58 am

Yeah, walked right into these two traps. Thank goodness I wasn't looking for hookup for the night, where such carelessness may have dire consequences.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 am

Good old quality Windows updates.
Does 8 have mandatory updates? 10 has, and I'd say it's only a matter of time 'till they fuck up on that front as well.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:06 am

All I know is good old 7 stopped doing updates, and that if my computer was an antiquated ten year old piece of shit that keeps crashing, I would never need to update

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:50 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 am
10 has, and I'd say it's only a matter of time 'till they fuck up on that front as well.
Early on 10 had a couple of updates that could brick the PC if you downloaded them before the patched versions were put out.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:49 am

So it's pretty much based on pure luck, considering all you can really do as a Win10 user is to either keep your PC shut down or hope that the fix happens during this I think 2-week-window that you are allowed to delay updates at a time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:50 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:44 pm
Today was an overall shit day where everything went according to Murphy's law.
Fuck off cunt. Stop vagueposting like a woman, either give us details or shut the fuck up.
Got lost, got stuck, stood in a traffic jam for an hour total in blazing heat and I finally lost my vape. I have a vague idea where I lost it but it's a goner.
Oh and I got home later still because I ran out of gas.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Fair enough. That must've been a bugger.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Learning C isn't hard but it's a lot to remember and I don't think my brain is up for it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:06 pm

It certainly has some weird-ass syntax.
-Yours Truly