Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:44 am

I was confused by the lack of speedos and baby oil. Still good.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:49 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:02 pm
...well I'm in love. Hot damn.
SpoilerShow
That's her at fifty-one. Apparently, years after giving commentary at the first UFC, she went and trained for MMA, kicking the crap out of women half her age twice now so far.

Notice also not a single tramp-stamp tattoo anywhere on her, either.
Old school at its finest.
Hadn't thought of her in years until I watched a video about Mortal Kombat 2 that stated they were initially going to introduce a fighter called Kathy Long, which I assume would have been based on the actual Kathy Long. (For you lorefags, Van Damme and Bloodsport was apparently the inspiration for the first game and Johnny Cage but he declined to be involved and regretted it, leading him to do Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game with fine-ass Kylie Minogue.)

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:58 am

So, the Tyson exhibition fight on Thanksgiving weekend.

Who's buying it?

Its basically "Rocky" in real life. And if Rocky was never the underdog in any fight he was ever in.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:27 am

Why buy it when there'll be highlight on Youtube five minutes after it's over? It's not even a real fight, and if it were it's still between an old absolutely broken RJJ and an old Iron Mike who hasn't been good at boxing since the mid-90s.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:28 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:58 am
So, the Tyson exhibition fight on Thanksgiving weekend.

Who's buying it?

Its basically "Rocky" in real life. And if Rocky was never the underdog in any fight he was ever in.
I see Keith is still alive but just guestposting.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 am

2020 can't stop, won't stop!

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11/19/ ... oxing-news
Last September, Logan Paul’s people presented Floyd Mayweather Jr’s team with a proposal for a fight between the newly minted boxer and the retired five-division world champion. Paul put a little heat on the idea by calling out the champion three days ago on TMZ.com.

Mayweather responded with a short, but pointed diatribe, bringing Conor McGregor into the mix. A lot of insults have been hurled at the divisive Irishman, but perhaps no comment has been more dismissive than Floyd Mayweather, Jr.’s conflation of the YouTuber-turned-fighter and the two weight UFC champion.

“Money” Mayweather tweeted, “3 years ago a fighter from the UFC said my name and I had to put a muzzle on that bitch.”

Paul’s argument for success against Mayweather was a simple one. “I’m 8 inches taller, I’m 40 pounds heavier, I’m half his age, I’m two times as hungry and ten times as smart. I’m used to beating up people weaker and shorter than he is. I grew up with Jake!”

Logan’s younger brother, Jake Paul, has a professional record of one fight and one win, with an upcoming bout against Nate Robinson Nov. 28th. Jake Paul is 6’1”—compared to Floyd Mayweather’s 5’8” if he’s lucky—but presumably Logan is referring to beating up his brother when they were children.

Mayweather famously retired undefeated after 49 professional bouts, coming out of retirement to defeat Conor McGregor in 2017. Mayweather has an upcoming exhibition bout scheduled for February in Japan. His opponent has not yet been named.
Outlets are reporting this like it's going to happen. Imagine the world where Mayweather gets defeated by a fucking YouTuber.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am

All those boring show matches. I'd like to see one of the Pauls go against somebody that seriously wants to wreck their shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:08 am

WTF? It was like that computer fight from Rocky Balboa:

Ended in a draw.

Bonus scene:

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:20 am

Also, Jake Paul won his fight via 2nd round knockout and is promising a Connor McGregor fight. Wtf? He has two fights and the guy he just beat is a 36-year-old NBA player. Jake Paul is a fucking clown and he's already looking at fighting not only Conner but maybe Mayweather. What in fuck happened to this world?

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:43 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:20 am
Jake Paul is a fucking clown and he's already looking at fighting not only Conner but maybe Mayweather. What in fuck happened to this world?
The purses in big-name boxing matches are still gigantic. Even if he got knocked out on the first punch he'd probably walk away with at least $5M going up against those guys and if the fight has enough hype you could add a '0' to that.