China

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
McGinnis

Re: China

Post by McGinnis » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:35 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:25 pm
There is no practical difference between the CCP believing that mandate of heaven or just being a typical commie state with full information control.
True. They don't want to lose control, that much is obvious. I do think they are slightly superstitious though. Remember, they didn't show Guntbusters over there, and they don't feature Force Ghosts in Soy Wars any more because the Chinese have a thing about ghosts. They think it's bad luck to call up one's dead ancestors or some shit
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:25 pm
Likely on the USA.
Which is exactly what they did
Le Redditeur wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:12 pm
>all that shit
Firstly I'm not American or German and secondly it's mighty ironic of you to claim Posobiec thinks the Chinese are stupid for believing that shit (which he neither said nor implied) and then go and massively tip your fedora over his religious beliefs

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:40 pm

Right. Clearly you don't know Catholics very well if you think Posofed isn't implying exactly that.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:46 pm

Show me where he implied it. Point me to the exact sentence. Because from where I'm sitting it really seems more like you're inferring it

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:50 am
It's an interested idea, and you see a lot of this "mandate of heaven" shit in classic works like Water Margin and Three Kingdoms. But I'm not sure I buy the argument that the government is actually afraid covid will invalidate their rule or some shit. Besides which, my impression of the "mandate of heaven" based on the reading I've done was that rulers could show benevolence and forgiveness to gain heaven's approval. This being the reason why a new emperor would declare a general amnesty, or dispense grain to the populace, or a reduction in sentencing might be applied nationally as a good luck charm for a new year, etc. It seems more likely to me that the CCP would go ahead with these kinds of plans to gain the approval of the people if they wanted to appease "heaven." You know, you show your worthiness to govern by... Governing well. Shocking.
This sounds more like some Confucianism shit, which postulates that everything will go swimmingly if you uphold the cosmic order of things, with the relationship between the emperor and his people mirroring the relationship between a father and his children.
Though if anything, the CCP is more a fan of (Chinese) legalism, which postulates that everyone's a dick that needs to be kept in check through law and order.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:55 pm

The mandate of heaven isn't an uncommon idea at all and far from specifically Chinese.
Islam has it at its base, with the ruler thought to be picked by Allah and his duty being the protection of the holy temples and the spread of Islam.

In Europe, plenty of kings saw their reign as a divine right and just about all tribal cultures have something like that as well.
So it's likely that it does play a role in their desire to downplay catastrophes, even if they are blameless.

It'll be interesting how they will deal with the dam breaking. That shouldn't be too far off in the future.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon May 02, 2022 12:51 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:55 pm
The mandate of heaven isn't an uncommon idea at all and far from specifically Chinese.
Islam has it at its base, with the ruler thought to be picked by Allah and his duty being the protection of the holy temples...
Boy, did Wahhabism put a monkey wrench into that duty.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 03, 2022 7:31 pm

Not really. The fucker in charge was also always the one to decide what temple or monument is considered to be holy and worthy of the protection.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue May 10, 2022 11:42 pm

Bill Gates has Covid. He is vaccinated and boosted and is grateful for the protection that it provides.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Tue May 10, 2022 11:51 pm

Hope it kills the parasite. Of course we know there's no chance of that, unfortunately

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed May 11, 2022 12:06 am

McGinnis wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:51 pm
Hope it kills the parasite. Of course we know there's no chance of that, unfortunately
Steve Jobs died, there is still hope.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.