China

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: China

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:22 pm

I have my theory that the bottom echelons of the elites got excited for lockdowns because, for them, it was this exciting "staycation" (apud Pigroach) where they would be able to work from home, eat take-outs, and watch Netflix to their hearts' contents. When their Netflix backlog of woke crap to watch grows again they'll fully support another round of lockdowns.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:24 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:22 pm
I have my theory that the bottom echelons of the elites got excited for lockdowns because, for them, it was this exciting "staycation" (apud Pigroach) where they would be able to work from home, eat take-outs, and watch Netflix to their hearts' contents. When their Netflix backlog of woke crap to watch grows again they'll fully support another round of lockdowns.
The only thing is even though they're rich, most of their assets, like almost every person with wealth, is tied up into stock, bonds, etc. which the lockdown damaged considerably.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:45 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:22 pm
They definitely supported them because they were the least affected by them.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:15 pm

You guys need to get yourselves some acreage.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:03 am

Can confirm my life is better with land.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:35 am

RedLine wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:15 pm
You guys need to get yourselves some acreage.
I hate tending to the land. I'd rather leave it for the professionals of the field.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:44 am

No thanks. Unless I can create my own nation, that's a pass.
I'd rather have an RV or houseboat.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:42 am

McGinnis wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:05 pm
It's only going to become more obvious when countries like Sweden and states like Florida or Texas, who didn't go crazy, who implemented minimal or no restrictions, emerge unscathed or relatively prosperous, whilst nations like Australia, like Canada or states like New York or California pretty much collapse under covid tyranny.
I want to emphasise that in NSW only had two lockdowns, the initial one in March 2020 that ended in May and the shit one from June 2021 to October 2021. The economy was open other than that and the rest of the country didn't have any real lockdowns longer than 3 days after the initial March 2020 one...

...except Victoria. Melbourne was the most locked down city in the entire fucking world, I have a friend there now for a Man United game and he straight up said it is getting worse. He said after only a few hours he has had multiple people beg him for money, I've been there once before in 2010 and I never had a bum ask for change. It's why they have had massive protests there and have had a Californian-like migration out of the city with their population slowly dropping. It truly is our California but about 10 years behind, it was voted the most livable city in the world prior to the pandemic but it is starting to turn into a shithole.

Overall our inflation isn't as fucked as the USA and others, it's under 6% and while it is still an issue we are doing relatively fine. We'd be doing better if Dan Andrews wasn't so fucking trigger happy with locking down every time he had 3 cases.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:01 am

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:42 am
I want to emphasise that in NSW only had two lockdowns, the initial one in March 2020 that ended in May and the shit one from June 2021 to October 2021. The economy was open other than that and the rest of the country didn't have any real lockdowns longer than 3 days after the initial March 2020 one...
Yeah but didn't you completely close the borders? Weren't Aussie politicians full of Zero Covid nonsense?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:54 am

They were probably one of the few countries who prevented their own citizens from entering the country, if they happen to have been outside when Covid happened.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette