China

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: China

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:06 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 am
This will become important here in Krautland in the future, where more and more parties insist on offering an equal amount of male and female candidates, listed in an alternating fashion so every sex benefits from our generics votes.
Too bad the Krautian voting system gives you votes that you can use to vote for candidates directly.
What are you even talking about? I haven't heard of the first thing and the second is just plain wrong.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:07 am

At least the Greens are pushing for it. They call it "parity law" or something. I think that's already a mandatory thing in at least one state, but that was considered unconstitutional.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:19 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:33 am
Make them go to the trouble to throw away your vote.
Always force a dictatorship to act like one. If you let the Trump loss blackpill you into not voting you are an idiot, vote again and again in greater numbers so they can't even hide the fact they are constantly cheating. Make them work for it rather than give up like a bitch, even if you can't change shit at least be a thorn in their side. Don't let them have it easy.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:23 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:19 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:33 am
Make them go to the trouble to throw away your vote.
Always force a dictatorship to act like one. If you let the Trump loss blackpill you into not voting you are an idiot, vote again and again in greater numbers so they can't even hide the fact they are constantly cheating. Make them work for it rather than give up like a bitch, even if you can't change shit at least be a thorn in their side. Don't let them have it easy.
Easy to say now that you let your government turn you into a new security state.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:29 am

They're just turning Australia back into the prison island it was always meant to be.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:07 am
At least the Greens are pushing for it. They call it "parity law" or something. I think that's already a mandatory thing in at least one state, but that was considered unconstitutional.
You are still not making sense. You can not vote for a candidate directly. Electing a mayor is the only exception. For anything else, you vote for a party and you have zero say for who the party puts up for election.

As for that parity stuff I have no clue what you're referring to. What kind of election are you talking about? Municipal, state, nation?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:47 pm

National votes have one vote for the party in general and one for a specific bloke from your ward. That's how those "Überhangmandate" happen that cause the Bundestag to bloat up to something only dwarved by the Chinese Congress. Though I've just noticed there's only ever one direct candidate per party :mrgreen:

State elections are even worse since every party has like a list of blokes and you get like 3 dozen votes to split up (or you just make your cross on the party in general and have your votes flow down the list).

Greens and other lefties call it "Paritätsgesetz". They have this very odd perception of feminism wherein true equality can only be reached if every business, party, senate, committee etc. has at least as many females as males. As such they are always butthurt when the Bundestag or the average board of directors is dominated by penises (which so far as always been the case), and they indulge in virtue signaling by alternating the sexes on their candidate lists (and of course their little internal priority list with which they fill their seats). They would really like to make this mandatory, but they fail to realize that having an equal amount of penises and front holes has absolutely nothing to do with politics.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Yesterday I watched a video about how the Montreal Protocols may have saved us because of the ban on CFCs, which not only destroy the ozone layer but also are powerful greenhouse gases that would have made global warming somewhat much worse in the current year, have them not been banned. The first CFC gas was developed by the same guy who also developed leaded petrol, giving him the honorable title of "one man environmental catastrophe".

Then It dawned me: those were situations where "trust the science" WASN'T the right thing to do. The CFC was first used in anti-mosquito aerosols to combat malaria during WII - surely a noble, worthy cause. Leaded petrol was supposed to make gasoline more fuel-efficient - also a noble, worthy cause. But both had terrible consequences long term that no one could have foreseen in the short term.

Then I remembered the other miraculous technological wonder that supposedly could solve a lot of our problems, but it is to this day seen with a dose of healthy skepticism: transgenic food. It's supposed to let us engineer crops that are better, stronger, more resistant to pests and climate hardships, to generate much better yelds, we could even add much needed vitamins and fight malnutrition around very poor countries! Even so, many countries limit transgenic food production and even require it to be labeled as such in the shelves! Why so? Don't you trust the science, bro? Ah, in this case, you're just being cautious. Which is absolutely fine, of course. Except when we're talking about experimental m-RNA vaccines developed in less than a year by a big pharma company that insists to not be held responsible for whatever the fuck happens to whoever takes said vaccine. Then we throw caution to the wind and just trust the science bro, forgetting the lessons of the very recent past.

It's all so tiresome.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Just trust the science we tell you to trust

And don't forget Marie Curie, who made a revolutionary scientific discovery that ultimately killed her.
The Left not being bothered with experimental medical procedures is nothing shocking, really. That's pretty much all these gender butchers do.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:43 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:47 pm
Though I've just noticed there's only ever one direct candidate per party :mrgreen:
Exactly. Also known as "Not having a choice".
Überhangmandate are the biggest bullshit ever anyway. Without them the Linke wouldn't even have made the cut this time.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:47 pm
State elections are even worse since every party has like a list of blokes and you get like 3 dozen votes to split up (or you just make your cross on the party in general and have your votes flow down the list).
I guess whatever state you live in handles the Landtagswahl differently.
In SH it's exactly like the Bundestagswahl. Two votes, one for a candidate, one for a party. There is only ever one candidate per party. So, as with the national election, you get whatever candidate the party puts up.

So again, only in a municipal mayor election can you vote for an independent candidate.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!