EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Newhalf

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Newhalf » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:46 am

Speaking of EU faggotry, don't forget to save up for a new car until 2034 since they don't want to allow any more cars with an internal combustion engine by '35 and it's supposedly all electric then. Meaning that car has to last for the rest of my life since electric (and public transport) isn't doable out in the sticks where I live and ten more years aren't going to change that.
Of course by that point they might see how unfeasible and unrealistic that plan is, but this electro car shit seems well to be the hill they're willing to let everyone die on whether they want to or not.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:40 am

I'm sure the almighty German car industry will wrangle some exceptions out of our government by that point.
I assume they will eventually allow hybrid cars for an extra decade or two (which more often than not end up getting treated like a pure combustion engine car anyways).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:00 am

Aren't hybrids kinda the worst of both worlds though? I have never known anyone who owned a hybrid.
It's a trap!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:06 am

Newhalf wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:00 am
Aren't hybrids kinda the worst of both worlds though? I have never known anyone who owned a hybrid.
I'm actually thinking about using some government incentives to buy a new RAV Hybrid. A Friend owns a Corolla and maybe uses 3-5 litters to a hundred Km.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:17 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:00 am
Aren't hybrids kinda the worst of both worlds though?
Best-case, you treat it like an electro for short- and like a combustion engine for long-distance travel. Even then you get a performance hit thanks to the hybrid nature (like having to lug around an entire combustion engine in e-mode).
Since charging stations in Krautland are a confusing mess at best and nonexistant at worse, many Krauts just ignore the "e-" part.

There might've been good intentions behind the idea of a hybrid, but especially German manufacturers just design them to make their product range look more environmentally-friendly than they actually are.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:02 pm

There will be a lot of problems for a short while and eventually hydrogen combustion engines will be the go to option.
There are already trucks that run them successfully and for those a battery is simply not an option. Same goes for all construction vehicles. You couldn't operate a wheel loader for longer than an hour with batteries.

All this shit is dreamt up by scientific illiterates and pencil pushers that just assume and did so for decades that some new battery technology would just pop up.
Had you asked them 15 years ago if lithium ion batteries would be viable for that vision, they would have laughed and assured you that, of course, that's ridiculous.

Today, they just ignore the problem. Like they do all concerns of viability and plausibility because "SCIENCE" is the new magic you just have to invoke, making sure to ignore actual science at every turn.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:33 am

Well the magic science visions dictate that we must do this or the world will totally be destroyed like, yesterday, we're serial!
We can only keep the evil climate Satan at bay by self flagellation and paying for Co2 indulgence to the holy science church.

I shit you not I even heard talks about electric military vehicles (if they aren't already making them). I'm sure we'd get more mileage out of riding horses into battle again than using electric tanks.
It's a trap!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:36 am

Solar-powered laser tanks will dominate the battlefields of tomorrow.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:58 pm

Newhalf wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:33 am
I shit you not I even heard talks about electric military vehicles (if they aren't already making them).
Drones perhaps. Tanks though? We've just seen how long it took the Russian tanks to eastern Ukraine and those are 1) way faster to fuel up and 2) have way more range than a battery powered one could possibly have.

Again, utter ignorance. They daydream about some current fad all day but have never bothered to give the concept a single thought or looked into where technology actually stands.
You'll hear people talk about self-driving cars existing, when all we actually have is shitty lane assist that mostly doesn't function. It's the peak of feels over reals.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:18 am

It's also such an obvious grift that it pisses me off. Oh, nobody profits from this shit, and yet their only solution seems to be to put taxes on everything. When I booked a flight, they offer you to pay more to "fly Co2 neutral". Yes I'm sure they don't just pocket the money and do jack shit while I get to feel good about my donation to the climate cult? At least it's optional for now but it sure as hell isn't gonna stay that way.
It's a trap!