Fake News General

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fake News General

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue May 02, 2023 10:55 am

SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue May 02, 2023 1:49 pm

Nature is healing.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue May 02, 2023 3:31 pm

Trump single-handedly kept the industry going. The legacy news networks were essentially 24 hour Trump scandal sheets.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 02, 2023 4:07 pm

I seriously cannot find any useful news articles about the war in ukraine. It's all complete bullshit emphasizing how bad Russia is doing and carefully omitting any mention of Ukraine's current strategic/economic/domestic situation. I can find maps from random image searches that show territory taken by Russia, but not a detailed chart or a written article of how much of Ukraine is thought to be currently in Russia's hands.

I cannot find estimated troop counts of the two forces or estimated arms counts. The newest articles just say the war is expected to drag past 2023, but of course they all continue to pay lip service to the idea of Ukraine "draining" Russia's troops and winning that way. How many troops does Ukraine have, that they could afford to fight with such a strategy? Do they think Russia has no troops?

Most news sources are either Ukrainian or (rarely) Russian propaganda. No useful information, but a lot of declarative statements about how their side is more "logical" to win for x or y raisin. Which is typically unsubstantiated. The only hard numbers any article is willing to give are those of their opponents! Which are "estimated" by their side and clearly suspect. Like when the Biden administration reports on the number of Russian casualties but not of Ukrainian casualties.

I'm posting this rant in Fake News because this isn't a russia-ukraine complaint so much as "holy shit our news services have totally failed to inform people of what is happening." I am searching for information. Pure information. And I cannot find any. Whatever I do find is useless because it's one side of people telling me shit about their enemies. Nothing about themselves, of course. I may as well believe Moscow as to trust the numbers coming from the Biden administration.

Edit: I did finally find something, but not from news articles.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgr ... may-1-2023

The institute for the study of war has some actual information here. A lot of it is still hearsay and statements from officials but it's better than the shit from Fake News.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 04, 2023 8:01 pm

Nothing new at all. If you had bothered to find out how things were going in Afghanistan you would've had even bigger difficulties to find straight information.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun May 07, 2023 5:54 am

There was a website I liked called Foreign Policy that did a lot of good - but it’s paywalled.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:13 pm

Don't you just love when big tech, the media and the government gather together to make sure the content you look at is safe and trustworthy?

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Yeesh.
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:19 pm

I was anxiously waiting for a digital - surely tamper-proof - seal of approval on every file! Finally, that rare Pepe or crime statistic pdf has been vetted by the ever so reliable fact checkers!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:24 pm

It's like every picture will be a NFT minus the N.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette