Fake News General

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fake News General

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:17 am

If only that would also spell the end of React.js. But Facebook's demise is long coming at this point.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:19 am

Yeah, no kidding. It's a dead zone. I don't know anyone under 50 who still uses it

TheBilthCollector

Post by TheBilthCollector » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:14 am

Oh how this brings a small spark of joy to my cold dead heart.

Yes, the 2020s are going to suck balls, but there is one little bright spot. The following years are going to vindicate blue collar workers.

Congratulations Leftists. Yeah you got out of your student loans. In the end it cost you your job and the only industry that offered you a decent wage.

It does make me smile that all the "OMG! Laid off coal miners should learn to code!" chickens are coming home to roost.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:23 am

Of all the shown companies, only Stripe actually provides a service worth something. "Learn to code" vaporware apps doesn't really help your case in the medium to long term.

But it might as well be that the golden days of software development are over. And I'm not old enough to retire yet. Just my luck.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:43 am

Just learn to mine coal.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:17 am
If only that would also spell the end of React.js. But Facebook's demise is long coming at this point.
I guess the future for the Metaverse looks a little bit less bright as well.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:15 am

TheBilthCollector wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:14 am
Silicon Valley has been full of bullshit bloat for years due to record low interest rates leading investors to throw their money at crap. Theranos was the canary in the coal mine, a lot of these companies (especially the "self driving car" companies) are garbage that don't produce anything. Even Twitter has never made a profit, actual recessions are good at weeding out bloated shit companies and the stock market boom during covid for tech stocks has burst. They were extremely overvalued during lockdown and since people are actually going outside the usage of Amazon, streaming services and other crap has gone down.

Elon himself is the absolute worst when it comes to bloated shit that makes no money. He is not sending anyone to Mars, most of his other companies are overhyped DotCom shit on steroids (he made his fortune during DotCom selling his shitty X.com site for too much money) and Tesla is the only thing he owns that produces something people want and even then the stock price is stupidly overvalued. You are going to see a lot of Theranos style companies get exposed and a lot of shitty Silicon Valley companies are going to get burned, especially dumb shit like "self driving cars" and other crap that has been given billions of venture capital.

Facebook might actually die. The Metaverse is just Second Life with billions poured into it, there are so many companies making Metaverse shit that will flop and that idiot Zuckerburg has put all of his eggs in that basket. Facebook itself is for boomers but the real threat is TikTok, Instagram was the place the Zoomers went to instead so I thought the company would do fine and transition to that being their big cash cow but TikTok is killing Instagram.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:32 am

Don't forget the Juicero, the overprized juicer that brings nothing to the table but DRM.

These scamster only had success because investors had too much cash and had to invest into something, especially if it sounded new and innovative.
But now the years of plenty are over, and several of these startups will vanish whence they came from.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:38 pm

Couldn't be happening to a nicer bunch of people

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Of course

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:07 pm

And.to think you could steal them all in just a few hours. Excuse me, I'm still salty and worried.