Russia

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
McGinnis

Re: Russia

Post by McGinnis » Tue May 10, 2022 8:47 pm

Uguuboi wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 4:59 pm
Hitler was right about Slavs
The Ukrainians seem to agree

Musical Space Cowboy

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Mon May 16, 2022 3:05 am

Do people seriously think that Putin is too stupid to not read this story and put the kibosh on some kind of coup immediately? And that's if this isn't fake news shit.

Maybe I should have posted this under "Clown World".

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon May 16, 2022 4:25 am

Musical Space Cowboy wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:05 am
And that's if this isn't fake news shit.
Pretty much everything that comes out of Western media regarding the Ukraine war is. If you read the article, even the NATO assistant secretary-general says it's bullshit

Whenever the West talk about overthrowing Putin, I think of this Superman

(Yes, I know, >capeshit)

But Putin has something like 80% approval rating in Russia. This according to reliable Western pollsters, these aren't bullshit numbers that Putin puts out. I don't think Putin's approval has ever been below 60%. He's one of the most consistently popular leaders on the world stage in his own country, certainly more popular than Johnson, Macron, Scholz and the Demented Fraud probably put together. Those four are way more likely to be overthrown before Putin is

Bottom line, they aren't overthrowing him. Certainly not for the Ukraine war, which to anyone who's actually paying attention and not just listening to MSM delusional fantasies about the Russians having lost 50 million men and other nonsense, knows is proceeding according to Russian plans and at their own pace

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 16, 2022 4:32 am

'90s Superman cartoon was pretty kino. Michael Ironside rarely turns out a bad performance.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon May 16, 2022 4:39 am

I thought so too. I was just anticipating the inevitable

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon May 16, 2022 7:18 am

Tons of good capeshit came out of the 90s. Batman, spiderman, it was all good.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Musical Space Cowboy

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 pm

McGinnis wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:25 am
Pretty much everything that comes out of Western media regarding the Ukraine war is. If you read the article, even the NATO assistant secretary-general says it's bullshit
You'll get no argument from me. I don't trust Western media to give me today's weather forecast, much less be honest about political situations going on half the world away from me.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 16, 2022 3:43 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:18 am
It was the closest the West ever got to animu.
But now they all wanna make live-action capeshit 'cause that's like more legit as an "art form".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 17, 2022 1:05 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:43 pm
mad bum wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:18 am
It was the closest the West ever got to animu.
But now they all wanna make live-action capeshit 'cause that's like more legit as an "art form".
The 90s capeshit stuff worked because they went back to the roots. They figured out why people liked those characters and they stayed classic with them. The cartoons also had more of an air of "shows for kids that parents might also enjoy." Something to watch with your kid. Modern capeshit is a big mass of Michael Bay's Transformers welded onto Firefly and pro wrestling. With a complicated "extended universe" to encourage you to conSOOM everything mindlessly.

Both Superman and Batman: The Animated Series have a '50s art aesthetic. Simple, fun, likeable characters go on adventures. Even if the batman stuff is darker than Adam West, it's still not the joyless depression fest of modern capeshittery.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 17, 2022 3:28 pm

And while Warner was staggering around blindy, desparately trying to figure out what they wanted with the live action department, their cartoon department as cranked out a much more consistent shared universe that finished where Zack Snyder could only wish to end the live-action stuff (the capeshitter taking back Earth after Darkseid kicked their asses).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette