Russia

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Russia

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu May 19, 2022 11:10 pm

Is this war still happening?
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu May 19, 2022 11:38 pm

Yes

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu May 19, 2022 11:43 pm

We're steadily walking into the worst case scenario, then.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri May 20, 2022 12:00 am

I'm sure it will end when they get their sixty billion from Brandon.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Fri May 20, 2022 12:52 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:43 pm
Depends. Depends on whether War Inc wants to cut its losses or not.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 20, 2022 2:46 am

I assume Ukraine is still getting bodied. If you're fighting inside your own cities months after the war starts then you're losing.

The media is so full of propaganda, but I did find this piece from TIME.

https://time.com/6176748/ukraine-war-economy/
Putin’s army holds Kherson, whatever is left of Mariupol, all the intervening territory, and now not only Luhansk and Donetsk but the entire Donbas Oblast. For example, whereas Ukrainian authorities controlled approximately 60% of Luhansk before the recent Russian invasion, now Russian forces control over 80% of the region. They also have about 70% of Zaporizhye region. Cumulatively, this accounts for an increase of Russian occupied territory from approximately 7%, including Crimea, before February more than double that now. Viewed this way, not losing looks a lot more like losing than winning.
This is the kind of information I was looking for. Pure stats on who controls what and what headway the Russians have or have not made into Ukraine.

I mean, I can't even find Ukraine soldier death numbers. I type that into Jewgle and they spit back "Russian troop death numbers counted according to Ukraine." Bitch, that is the opposite of what I asked for! Why can't you just give me the raw stats and let me decide?

Obviously, Russia isn't winning as quickly or bloodlessly as Putin wanted. But things still seem rather dire for Ukraine. I assume Russia still controls the skies totally.
Not only is May a critical agricultural month, but it is when Naftogaz usually starts buying natural gas to store it for the cold Ukrainian winter. The state-owned energy giant was already in bad shape before the invasion, with the CEO asking the Ukrainian government for a $4.6 billion bailout in September 2021. Now, with very tight gas markets and no funds, it is unclear how the country can prepare for winter, when temperatures can fall to below 20 Fahrenheit. Adding to the prospect of a tragic 2022-2023 winter, most of Ukraine’s coal mines are in the Donbas, where Russia’s offensive continues.
They also mentioned the power stations have so few paying customers now they have to close down. It seems the entire infrastructure of the country is poised to collapse, and even the aid being given is not always helpful. Soldiers have to train with new weapons. Infrastructure has to exist in order to begin rebuilding what is destroyed. Volunteer foreign soldiers who can't fight have to go through boot. Six gorillion Ugrainian citizens have already left. It seems unlikely, given I've been hearing of attempts to fully integrate them into other countries, that they would move right back. Even if Ukraine "wins," could the country itself survive the ensuing economic flatline?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Fri May 20, 2022 3:38 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:46 am
and even the aid being given is not always helpful.
I'm pretty sure all the "aid" is for money laundering and bureaucratic enrichment.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri May 20, 2022 3:47 am

McGinnis wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:52 am
Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:43 pm
Depends. Depends on whether War Inc wants to cut its losses or not.
Every week this shit continues is a week we still risk some idiot starting flinging nukes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 20, 2022 5:58 am

Why would anyone fling nukes? It's not like you could fuck up those Ukrainian cities even harder.
Besides, the Russians still haven't tried out their rad thermobaric shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri May 20, 2022 7:22 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:58 am
Why would anyone fling nukes?
Because there are retarded people around those buttons. Because someone may fling a missile or a rocket on something they shouldn't, and the usual suspects would pressure to use that as an excuse. Most damming of all, because that would be a quick way for ensuring the Great Reset really does the "reset" part. The longer the conflict drags on, more opportunities for a fatal fuck up/malicious act present themselves.