Tranny's, SJWs, male feminists - Imagine my shock!

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
rabidtictac

Re: Tranny's, SJWs, male feminists - Imagine my shock!

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:31 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:53 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:38 pm
You either worship her as a god, or hate her as a devil. She's pretty much the Doge of literature.
On a quality level, also.
That's not talked about enough. The first book came out in 1998 in Germany but the actual hype was in 2000.
I was 14 and even back then preferred books over movies. I was in the perfect target demographic.

I've never finished it. Haven't even gotten a quarter through. It's fucking boring, longwinded and tedious. It felt like I was too old for this children's novel.

If you're past 20 and enjoy the Pothead novels, you're a mouthbreather.
I had a teacher who read it to all the kids when I was in grade school. See, I was a bit younger than you when the Potter books first made it big. I still remember the story and I remember being fucking bored by it. It's the most basic, gary-stu garbage ever. Even as a kid, I had learned to read with Adventures of Robin Hood and The Hobbit and was not impressed by Rowling's stale dreck.

Normies have shit taste. I won't try to argue I had amazing discernment at the age of 8 or whatever, but I was never a normie and thus never plagued by normalfag bad taste disease.
They hold on to this life-defining IP like CWC to Sanic and all have their blue arms moment.
That's exactly what it is! They're like turbo autismos who never learned they're autistic. Because they're normalfags, they assume how they feel about (((IP))) is perfectly normal way to feel about (((IP))) and not retarded at all.

I've noticed in general a refusal among idiots readers to differentiate the author from the work. They either fault the work for the opinions held privately by the author, or they fault the author for opinions portrayed within the work.

This is why morons are always screaming about and misunderstanding stories like Starship Troopers. Do not assume you can read a single novel from an author and you immediately know everything that author believes or feels. The author creates the story and the politics present in the story may exist as a consequence of the narrative, or because the author is playing with ideas, or perhaps for some other reason you simply do not understand. The work does not define the author and the author does not define the work.

Having said that, it's pointless to apply any deep literary criticism of J.K. Rowling's hackfraud stories. I'm just extending her a polite courtesy I'd give to any author.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:01 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:31 pm
It's the most basic, gary-stu garbage ever.
Welcome to the world of young adult literature. And Harry Potter is far from the worst of the bunch. Some are much closer to My Immortal.
I've noticed in general a refusal among idiots readers to differentiate the author from the work. They either fault the work for the opinions held privately by the author, or they fault the author for opinions portrayed within the work.
H. P. Lovecraft says hi.
And over on the tabletop spectrum (with novel tie-ins) we have Tekumel by M. A. R. Barker. Since the guy got outed for neo-nazis tendencies some have started to try and find fascist propaganda in his weird gonzo fantasy setting.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:03 pm

H.P. Lovecraft is one of the more legitimate ones, actually. Considering he was racist IRL and also put racism in his books everywhere (which is hilarious). But with most other authors, some SJW will read one volume of their work and decide that they have that author completely pegged and there's no possible way the person could have nuanced opinions which even contradict the content of that one novel.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:39 pm

That's also why villains in Current Year suck balls. Anything any character says is treated as being 100% endorsed by the writer.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:59 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:03 pm
H.P. Lovecraft is one of the more legitimate ones, actually. Considering he was racist IRL and also put racism in his books everywhere (which is hilarious). But with most other authors, some SJW will read one volume of their work and decide that they have that author completely pegged and there's no possible way the person could have nuanced opinions which even contradict the content of that one novel.
It may not be accurate, but one story I listened to about Lovecraft said part of his racism came from his weird isolated upbringing and ignorance rather than pure malice, and that he softened up in later life. Ever heard that? It’s hard to find information due to detractors who’d never want something like that to become common knowledge.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:08 pm

I hear he had an existential crisis when he found out he was part Welsh.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:39 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:39 pm
That's also why villains in Current Year suck balls. Anything any character says is treated as being 100% endorsed by the writer.
Yeah, and this is also why the writing of normalfag shows/books/gaems sucks so hard in current year. The writers feel like they can't write anything unless it 100% conforms to Social Credit Standards. If they write a villain, it has to be a totally irredeemable piece of shit who is also bigoted and voted for Drumpf. If they write a hero, the hero must be socially liberal, tolerant of all and good at everything. :lol:

All of the current culture "heroes" are Gary Stus and Mary Sues. I don't think the writers wanted to write those characters that way, but it's a consequence of writing for social purity rather than to the needs of the story. What was considered pulp fiction a century ago looks like a masterpiece next to what we have now. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:46 pm

They write themselves into a corner with their stronk female protagonists. Whether its blind power fantasy or a fear of getting cancelled for showing the protagonist as "weak" for even a fraction of a second, these chicks are all awesome from the start and have to merely discover/admit their own awesomeness uwu.
Just compare and contrast Disney's original Mulan and that 3DPD version. And people wonder why comics are getting curbstomped by manga.
-Yours Truly

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:09 pm

When we started dating, my wife had never seen a "Star Wars" movie or any capeshit movies. That was weird to me at first and then I realized that I'm the same way with Harry Potter. I know NOTHING about it.

All I know:

1. It's about British kids who do magic, I guess.
2. 90% of women have a few Harry Potter books

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:12 pm

You don't need to know anything about garbage to identify garbage when you see it in a refuse bin.
RAPEMAN wrote: