Germany aka Krautland

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Germany aka Krautland

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:45 pm

Time for some cultural enrichment. Did you know there's a German MST3K (why the fuck does this have an English Wikipedia page, anyways?). Seeing how we like talking about INs, it might be interesting to look at something IN-esque that has actual production values behind it and doesn't need to hide behind subjective interpretations of "Fair Use".

(The set is certainly fancier and more varied than in MST3K)

So, SchleFaZ aka Die schlechtesten Filme aller Zeiten aka The Worst Movies of all Time. It's the cash cow series for Tele 5, a small German niche channel. They air a lot of old stuff, newer stuff the bigger channels don't care about, more or less animu (it basically acted as a refuge for weebs back when RTL II's love for censorship overkill became a bit too autistic to stomach), and they interestingly enough seem to have a monopoly on every single Star Trek series.
Naturally if you're a small TV channel you sooner or later have to fill your slots with absolute trash, and in order to embiggen this trash they basically use SchleFaZ to act as an ironic framework around the movie.

The major difference between SchleFaZ and MST3K is that the hosts don't talk over the movies. There are frequent text commentaries, and you might occasionally get a small video screen of them faffing around on set, but aside from that the movie and its shittiness speaks for itself.
The actual host potions are at the start, end and after every commercial break. There's Wikipedia-level trivia about the movie's production and cast, replays of the "best" scenes from the last segment, and the hosts trying to make sense of the movie's plot (as far as they are able to follow it, anyways).
Since SchleFaZ airs after 11:00 PM they can also get away with a bit of "audience participation" in the form of a drinking game, complete with a customized cocktail for each movie. Can you even do that in the States?

The hosts are Oliver Kalkofe (aka the fat guy; usually the more laid-back of the two) and Peter Rütten (aka the other guy; tends to get more and more anger management issues as the movie progresses). Oliver's the bigger name here, with his most famous previous work being Kalkofe's Mattscheibe.
Another English Wikipedia page? That one says fuckall about the show, though. Basically he shows weird shit from German TV (more often than not from a talk show, home shopping channel or weird esoteric shit) and then parodies it.
Warning: aggressively German (potentially geo-blocked)Show
And this Oliver fellow is also the obligatory MST3K fan for this project, and one of the driving forces - and a VA - for the German release of the MST3K movie (the only thing MST3K that every made it to Krautland afaik, and only years later in 2014).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:25 pm

Quickly, someone recommend they get Spoony into their show!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:32 pm

Too bad that Tele 5 has such frequent commercial breaks that it's basically unwatchable.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:52 pm

Well the last couple episodes are also online on their media center. Haven't noticed actual commercials so far, thanks to adblockers.
There are also a couple mirrors on YT.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 04, 2023 9:42 am

A provocative populist among the Greens kicked himself out of the party after sperging out too hard and dropping N-Bombs on command.
Now the bilingual problem of the "X-Word" convention in media coverage is that I have no idea if he said "nigger" (which isn't really a thing here?) or just "Neger" (literally "negro", which is the closest Aryan equivalent but doesn't quite have the same punch even though our media and politicians like to paint it as just as evil).

And all because detractors called him a nazi even though he's like part jew or something. Dude, you're a German politician with strong opinions on immigrants. What else are they gonna call you 8-) ?
-Yours Truly

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu May 04, 2023 10:33 am

I remember my favorite German treat was "Negerkusse." Then they then changed it to "Chocokusse." Wimps.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 04, 2023 10:39 am

They're also known as "Schaumkuesse", which I guess is more accurate since the chocolate just forms the thin outer shell.

Now the true-and-honest way to enjoy one is to flatten it between two bread roll halves like some beetus-inducing burger.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 04, 2023 7:54 pm

First off, Negerkussbrötchen are absolutely revolting.
Second of, if someone has an issue with the word "Negerküsse" offer "Mohrenköpfe" as an alternative.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:02 pm

I'm pretty sure this year's Dokomi has the most esteemed guest of honor this entire animu convention ever had: It's none other than the tentacle master himself.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:19 pm

Wrong thread?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!