God Emperor Megathread (Trump and his presidency)

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard

Re: God Emperor Megathread (Trump and his presidency)

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:46 pm

Guy continues to be completely clueless

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 pm

He doesn't care because he knows he'll get the nomination as long as they keep the MAGA candidates from messing things up.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:05 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 pm
He doesn't care because he knows he'll get the nomination as long as they keep the MAGA candidates from messing things up.
MAGA is a good chunk of the actual party, certainly on the local and state level. Not to mention it's going to look more than a little bit suspicious if he gets the nomination over Trump, DeSantis or even Noem.

I'm torn between him having something up his sleeve and him being so clueless and dumb that he genuinely doesn't realise his political career is over.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:31 am

I think the more likely explanation is that Pence is confident Trump will retain him as VP. Which, to be honest, is exactly the kind of thing Trump would do. Probably under advice from useless advisors

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:30 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:31 am
I think the more likely explanation is that Pence is confident Trump will retain him as VP. Which, to be honest, is exactly the kind of thing Trump would do. Probably under advice from useless advisors
Sadly I can see him doing this since these same "advisors" told him not to fire Fauci.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:43 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:30 am
Sadly I can see him doing this since these same "advisors" told him not to fire Fauci.
I remember a report from earlier in the year, can't remember when it was but it was after CPAC, that said Trump was still mulling over whether or not to boot Pence.

Pence is political poison. Yeah it's possible that he has something up his sleeve, that the establishment paid him his thirty pieces of silver for selling out the American people. But, occam's razor, the simplest explanation is that he's just a simpleton who doesn't realise he's made himself politically homeless, or else he does but genuinely believes the old adage 'A [period of time] is a long time in politics' will hold and people will forget come 2024 that he stabbed them in the back and certified a fraudulent election without even attempting to get to the bottom of the myriad of issues first.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:50 am

Pence is super religious and will bring in the blue hairs who watch TBN and don't use the internet except for fakebook. So yeah, unless Cheeto grows a pair I wouldn't be shocked if he's still VP in 2024. If Cheeto doesn't run he'll be the frontrunner for the nomination because the GOP is straight tarded.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:03 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:50 am
Pence is super religious and will bring in the blue hairs who watch TBN and don't use the internet except for fakebook.
Thing is this might have been true in 2016 when Trump was still an unknown quantity and best known for The Apprentice and dating sluts and stars. But post-2016? Evangelicals absolutely love him. He'd have no problem keeping this demographic by himself.

Lin Wood says Trump wants to replace Pence with Mike Pompeo. Lin Wood is absolutely mad but he may have some insider knowledge.
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:50 am
If Cheeto doesn't run he'll be the frontrunner for the nomination because the GOP is straight tarded.
Frontrunner according to whom? The media?

If Trump, DeSantis or Noem don't run, then yeah I could see it. If even one of them runs then I don't see Pence getting more than 1% of the vote. Establishment GOP is losing its power, that's what the lashing out is all about.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:31 am

Evangelicals might as well worship Trump. At least he pretends to listen to their prayers. Pretty obvious by now that their god hasn't been. They've been losing ground for decades.

I still think Big Cheeto won't run and can't win. There are too many shitlibs. There are always too many shitlibs. The people who are for Trump are for him in a big way, but the people against are way against. The deciding factor in these cases is often the independent/middle road voters and I think Trump is unpalatable to them. I've come to realize many Americans are faggots who DON'T FUCKING CARE about foreign policy. They DON'T FUCKING CARE about the endless wars and they didn't fucking notice how there was less of that bullshit under Trump than the last two presidents before him.

If all you care about are your gibs then I guess biden is the best president ever since the last best president ever, obama. And yes I know that liberal presidents don't acktshtually give as many gibs as they promise. Tell that to the shitlibs who keep voting them in and then acting pathetically happy when the liberal candidate gives them *anything at all.* Real wages are going to continue falling under both parties and corporate power will only increase.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:55 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:31 am
I still think Big Cheeto won't run
Maybe. He is getting old
rabidtictac wrote:
and can't win.
He's won twice already.
If you're arguing that they won't allow Trump to win, that they'll steal it, I could agree with that. After all, that's what happened last year. But if you're arguing that he can't win on his own merits then you're just plain wrong. You've fallen into the trap of believing the establishment media propaganda that Trump is historically unpopular, when his 75 million votes demonstrates that, far from being unpopular, he may very well be the most popular President in the country's history.
rabidtictac wrote:
The deciding factor in these cases is often the independent/middle road voters and I think Trump is unpalatable to them.
This is just plain wrong.
Rich Baris has often talked about this, and Baris is one of the best pollsters in the business so you can trust what he says. He's often talked about how the Bush/Cheney/McCain/Romney wing of the party's election strategy was essentially to pander to an increasingly shrinking base of evangelicals, from which they could eke out a narrow 270 electoral college win if they made absolutely zero mistakes, as we saw in 2000 and 2004. If they made mistakes, as McCain and Romney did, they lost massively.

What Trump has done is he's kept this base of evangelicals, and he's expanded it to include blue collar workers and people who are not traditional Republicans. This has opened up the Electoral map for Republicans and made them competitive in states like Pennsylvania or Michigan that George W Bush couldn't even dream of winning.

You say that Independents and Middle Road voters don't go for Trump. This is just establishment propaganda. The reason the polling for Independent and unaffiliated voters looked 'flat' for the last election was because a lot of those independents had become full fledged Republicans under Trump.

The bellwethers speak for themselves. Trump won practically every single one, apart from one bellwether county in Washington state. He captured 51 of 58 expanded bellwether counties. He won Florida, Ohio and Iowa. Not only is this the indicator that he actually won the 2020 election, this would all be impossible to do if he didn't have crossover appeal with voters.