God Emperor Megathread (Trump and his presidency)

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: God Emperor Megathread (Trump and his presidency)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:30 pm

It was doomed the moment someone decided to throw a bunch of tea into the harbor.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:55 pm

McGinnis wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:21 pm
The fact that parasites like Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy are not equally as afraid of Ron DeSantis and will therefore push him over Trump should tell us all something
Did anyone honestly expand DeSantis to be Trump 2.0? It was obvious from the start that both entrenched parties are utterly committed to making sure that a candidate like Trump can never take power again. No matter what they have to do, what laws they have to break, a populist candidate will NEVER win again.

We're talking about people who have so much money and power that they may as well live on a separate planet from the rest of us. They're practically reptilians.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:30 pm

DeSantis has done many good, politically aggressive things as governor and he's a big reason in turning Florida from a right-leaning swing state into a solid red state. He is not Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan.
I'd say he's to the right of Trump on COVID/vax things and probably the same on social/economic items. If he is the "establishment choice" then the establishment is making some compromises to support him. Where there could be concern with RDS is on his foreign policy feelings and how strong is his resistance to manipulation?

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:15 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:55 pm
Did anyone honestly expand DeSantis to be Trump 2.0?
Yes. I keep hearing repeatedly that he's Trump but he's better than Trump, politically speaking anyway. Their basis for this, really, is that DeSantis is able to be a lot more effective with a majority Republican legislature on board with what he wants to do (whereas Trump had to put up with Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell) and DeSantis told Fauci to go fuck himself whereas Trump didn't. That's it. They're probably 99% similar on everything else.
RedLine wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:30 pm
DeSantis has done many good, politically aggressive things as governor and he's a big reason in turning Florida from a right-leaning swing state into a solid red state. He is not Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan.
I'd say he's to the right of Trump on COVID/vax things and probably the same on social/economic items. If he is the "establishment choice" then the establishment is making some compromises to support him. Where there could be concern with RDS is on his foreign policy feelings and how strong is his resistance to manipulation?
See, the thing is, I don't think DeSantis is a globalist per se. I think he is simply being used by the globalists to put a stake in Trump's heart.

What the establishment are likely hoping is that either DeSantis takes out Trump, or the primary battle between them gets so ugly that, whoever wins, they end up alienating voters.

If the establishment are backing DeSantis you can be sure of one of two things. Either A) the establishment are confident that DeSantis won't win the general election (which is pretty much guaranteed if he backstabs Trump) and they won't have to deal with the problem of having another populist in the White House. Or B) the establishment are confident that they can control DeSantis should he ever get to the White House. Remember, one of Trump's biggest strengths as a politician is his vast wealth. He cannot be bought. Yes, people around him can be bought, Kushner and others can be bought. But not Trump himself. DeSantis does not have that advantage. DeSantis is not independently wealthy, his net worth is something like $300,000, he still has college debt. If DeSantis were to run in 2024 he would need donors. PACs, Super PACs. That makes him controllable.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:45 am

I’d put a 65-70 percent chance on a Trump victory, namely since the Democrats that win two terms usually do so because the candidates themselves are well liked - and Sleepy Joe won off of TDS - which he can’t bet on in the next election.
Trump has routinely performed well in primaries - Ted Cruz’s cache still hasn’t recovered from 2016 - while this is liable to turn into a slugfest (and DeSantis will probably do better than Lyin Ted) - I’d say Blompf’s odds are pretty good - especially with things like the 2024 Senate map being extremely favorable to the GOP.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:13 pm

My question to that is, assuming Trump was allowed to run and was allowed to win, what would be the likely response from the establishment power bases? They've been ratcheting up Trump hysteria ever since 2016, with no signs of ever stopping. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump before a firing squad and maga republicans given prison time for the crime of voting Trump. Shit is crazy hyperbolic right now.

Especially considering Trump was a pretty mild president in office, all things considered. He didn't actually do much. I feel fairly validated voting for him the first time, considering I wanted a president who wouldn't fuck up on foreign policy or start any new wars/proxy wars. Biden took over and immediately mega-fucked-up the Afghan withdrawal, and now we're throwing money at ANOTHER proxy war with a completely destroyed economy.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:13 pm
My question to that is, assuming Trump was allowed to run and was allowed to win, what would be the likely response from the establishment power bases?
Same as 2016 to 2020.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:25 am

DeSantis - by all accounts and by the standards of Florida, massacred his opponent - 16 points for a swing state is substantial - and it’s a margin Trump has never gotten in the state. Expect him to run in the primary.
ebin namefag wrote:

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:42 am

RED WAVE!!!
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:30 am

At least in Florida it is. DeSantis is up to 19. His lead keeps widening too - less a victory and more a “stop, he’s already dead!”
The last time a Florida Governor did this well was in 1982 when Bob Graham won by 29 points.

I disagree with whoever said DeSantis would do worse than Trump in 24. I think Trump beats Joe but DeSantis has relative youth on his side. I think it’s less a question of whether he beats Joe - and it’s pretty clear he can, but whether he beats Trump in the primary and convinced him to not run as an independent. DeSantis vs Biden? You’re looking at a slaughter.
ebin namefag wrote: