Mush-Brain Mega-Thread (Brandon and His Presidency)

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Mush-Brain Mega-Thread (Brandon and His Presidency)

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:12 pm

Move beyond Ukraine? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Who believes that shit?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:43 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:12 am
If Trump was smart, he'd VP for DeSantis
Trump running as VP to anyone, never mind DeSantis, is not sensible politicking. Understand that Trump is the A-side, whereas to most DeSantis is seen as the Second Coming of Trump or the kinder, gentler Trump.

In addition, Trump polls very well in the crucial Rust Belt states whereas DeSantis does not poll so well there. Not because he's unpopular, understand, but because he's basically unknown there. DeSantis polls better in the Sun Belt amongst more traditional GOP types, but Trump doesn't poll badly there and his latest wins with Roe and others will probably give him a big boost.

It would be much more sensible for DeSantis to run as VP, build up prestige and notoriety, and then run as Trump's successor in '28. Basically what Pence's handlers are trying to convince him he can do, but he'll never do because of January 6th.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:12 am
I think he'd work better as a VP for public relations reasons, and also because of his age.
If you think 'muh public relations' hold the slightest bit of importance at this stage, you haven't been paying much attention.

Trump's voters like Trump because of his personality and his style, his unwillingness to compromise. Playing public relations, by cosying up with a bunch of Bush holdovers, following Kushner's Soros inspired initiatives in an effort to get black people to like him, telling people to get the vaccine and so on, these are all things that have damaged him more than done him good

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:26 pm

I doubt either Trump or Desantis are interested in being VP to the other. I don't know if he'll get the nomination but I do think Desantis will run against Trump for the next election. If he loses to Trump there I see him staying governor of Florida for the rest of his new term.

Then if Trump is president in 2026 I could see Desantis getting an open cabinet position and gearing up for a 2028 run. If a dem is the president in 2026 I think it'll be hard for him to stay in the spotlight once his term as governor is over and he'll probably fade away.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:28 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:12 pm
Move beyond Ukraine? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Who believes that shit?
Sadly that's not a thing from Biden's dementia. How much of that is real Russian intentions or just bravado from a random Russkie parliament member is up for debate, but of course the entire justification for the "special military operation" is as good as this take anyway.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:41 pm

RedLine wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:26 pm
I do think Desantis will run against Trump for the next election
Well then, you think wrong because he's already said multiple times that he won't.

DeSantis is one of Trump's friends, and he believes the 2020 election was stolen. If Trump decides to run, assuming Liz Cheney and the J6 committee don't cook up some pretext to prevent his running, DeSantis will get out of the way because he believes the Presidency is Trump's by right.
RedLine wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:26 pm
Then if Trump is president in 2026 I could see Desantis getting an open cabinet position and gearing up for a 2028 run
If DeSantis hypothetically doesn't want to be VP I don't think he'd settle for being Secretary of State or whatever

Two years is plenty of time for DeSantis to rest up and raise plenty of funds for a coming Presidential bid, which get expensive.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 pm

Bet you a Pepsi he'll run for '24 even if Trump does.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:48 pm

RedLine wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 pm
Bet you a Pepsi he'll run for '24 even if Trump does.
I'll bet you a Royal Crown Cola that, if he does, he drops out before the first primary.

He does not want to split the vote

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:45 pm

You're forgetting that the Right has the uncanny ability to splinter and fragment exactly at times where unity would assure them the greatest victories.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:46 pm

Autism is not just a problem of the Left.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:49 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:45 pm
You're forgetting that the Right has the uncanny ability to splinter and fragment exactly at times where unity would assure them the greatest victories.
Yes but that doesn't apply to DeSantis. He's not a RINO

2024 Republican primaries will be Trump against the RINOs, unless something happens