Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 23, 2021 11:41 am

TOS is great fun. Not wanting to watch it because it's old is a mistake.
As for TNG, Season 3 is already quite alright. It's the first two that are pretty rough.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 pm

I was thinking the 60's Trek is too sixties for my liking, but now that I watched a couple episodes, it seems quite good indeed. There sure are also much more charm in the effects of the 60's compared to TNG where the 90's CGI and computer generated landscapes in the season 4 look really terrible.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun May 23, 2021 9:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:39 pm
one of those lower-budget episodes they like to do in order to safe SFX budget for big space battles, but it's just a cool sci-fi story with a weird twist.
Bottle episodes tend to be the best, because they depend on good acting to sell it. Love the Catwalk from Enterprise, when the entire crew is stuffed in this one part of the ship and they all have to sit around and play cards for a week. The captain's chair was a barrel with nets on it. :lol:

Pretty much every episode with Shran is great, I love how he and Archer develop this bro code. It's a dynamic that's pretty much unique to them in Star Trek, with perhaps the only comparable relationship being that of Kirk and Harry Mudd, where they both acknowledge that they're on separate sides, but don't really hate each other and have fun with it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 23, 2021 9:54 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 pm
I was thinking the 60's Trek is too sixties for my liking, but now that I watched a couple episodes, it seems quite good indeed. There sure are also much more charm in the effects of the 60's compared to TNG where the 90's CGI and computer generated landscapes in the season 4 look really terrible.
Yeah, it has it's charm. Even the crap episodes are usually entertaining.
It's not as timeless as Columbo but it's a breath of fresh air compared to the overproduced, non-stop action and lensflare trash with woke writing you get today.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 24, 2021 5:45 am

Rushy wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:49 pm
Bottle episodes tend to be the best, because they depend on good acting to sell it. Love the Catwalk from Enterprise, when the entire crew is stuffed in this one part of the ship and they all have to sit around and play cards for a week. The captain's chair was a barrel with nets on it. :lol:
Ah yes, another good pick. And thanks for the reminder how these episodes were called again. Couldn't remember it for my original post.
Pretty much every episode with Shran is great, I love how he and Archer develop this bro code. It's a dynamic that's pretty much unique to them in Star Trek, with perhaps the only comparable relationship being that of Kirk and Harry Mudd, where they both acknowledge that they're on separate sides, but don't really hate each other and have fun with it.
It's a good thing that Andorians aren't nearly as cartoonish as say Klingons. It's really fun seeing him try to juggle his duty to Andoria with his bromance.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Mon May 24, 2021 10:20 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:41 am
TOS is great fun. Not wanting to watch it because it's old is a mistake.
As for TNG, Season 3 is already quite alright. It's the first two that are pretty rough.
Second season already got noticeably better, as it had some very good episodes, such as Q Who, Contagion, Time Squared and The Royale which is a bit goofy but fun.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 24, 2021 10:33 am

Just avoid any episode where Riker doesn't have a beard, really.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 24, 2021 10:46 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:33 am
It's kind of a meme but actually true.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon May 24, 2021 2:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:46 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:33 am
It's kind of a meme but actually true.
The best memes reflect reality.

Post by Guest » Thu May 27, 2021 5:06 pm