Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:56 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:29 am
That's what you get when you hire stupid, ignorant people that don't care about the show's history they write for.
They love the prestige of Star Trek but are clueless about it.
This has nothing (or at least, very little) to do with the creators and everything to do with the, now late, owner of the Paramount parent company being a greedy Jew who split up the company, and therefore the rights, so he could hold on to his shekels

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:10 am

The current shows still have writers and those are garbage. Even a Kelvin timeline show didn't need to be as terrible as STD and Picard are.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:25 am

They didn't but, even if they didn't hire stupid and incompetent people, even if they got the very best writers Hollywood/Science Fiction/whoever had to offer, it still wouldn't be real Star Trek. They are obligated to make it 20% different because of convoluted rights issues that are, frankly, a legal quagmire and may never be fixed

Even OG timeline Star Trek hasn't been good since DS9

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:33 am
Do they even need to? I feel like they could get most of the actors in the Kelvin reboot for a television show.
They've already recast Spock for his "I like science" cameo in Discovery, Kelvin Chekov's actor is fucking dead, and who knows if anyone else of the rest events wants to return for another round of Trek, let alone a long-running series.
Plus hiring the Kelvin actors would just confuse people as to what timeline this is supposed to be again.

(Plus newer, lesser known actors will probably be cheaper.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 am
They've already recast Spock for his "I like science" cameo in Discovery, Kelvin Chekov's actor is fucking dead, and who knows if anyone else of the rest events wants to return for another round of Trek, let alone a long-running series.
Plus hiring the Kelvin actors would just confuse people as to what timeline this is supposed to be again.

At this point, I'm almost surprised they dont just do it as a cheap Cal Arts cartoon. And just skip the actors and sets thing entirely.

(More budget for terrible wokeshit writing)
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:25 am
it still wouldn't be real Star Trek.
But it doesn't need to be a terrible show.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:02 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm
At this point, I'm almost surprised they dont just do it as a cheap Cal Arts cartoon. And just skip the actors and sets thing entirely.
Thanks for reminding me that there is in fact a nu-trek CalArts cartoon.
I successfully forgot about it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm

And apparently that one is canon, as if having Picard wasn't betrayal enough.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 am
Rushy wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:33 am
Do they even need to? I feel like they could get most of the actors in the Kelvin reboot for a television show.

No, I mean before Discovery happened. Kelvin Chekov isn't vital, as Chekov wasn't even introduced until one season into TOS. They could just continue the Kelvin timeline and not make a pointless prequel that then gives up and jumps ahead to the future.

I mean, what did we learn from the prequel side of it? That the Klingon-Federation war was nowhere near as interesting as one might have believed, and that Spock had a sister he'll never mention. Also that Harry Mudd existed 10 years before Kirk first met him. Wowsers.

Meanwhile, Enterprise showed us the evolution of the Human-Vulcan alliance, as well as the founding of the Federation, developing friendships with the Andorians and the Tellarites, a proper first contact with the Klingons. Sure, Enterprise did a bunch of silly shit, but all of the aforementioned was still there and not just that, it was built up over the course of several seasons. Hell, 99% of Andorian culture in the lore comes from Enterprise and Jeffrey Combs' performance.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 pm

It's not easy coming off as badass if you have silly antennae on your head, but man did he ever sell it.
-Yours Truly