Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:07 am

Enterprise was gay squared. Made SG-1 look like a gritty war documentary.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:15 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:07 am
Enterprise was gay squared. Made SG-1 look like a gritty war documentary.
I made it about thirty seconds into Enterprise. As soon as I heard the first three lines of that shitty mom-style countrypop theme song I audibly said "what the fuck is this?" and turned it off.
I've watched the scenes of TPol wanting to fuck everyone and how the Klingons got weird skulls. I assume those were the highlights of the series.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 am

The highlights are the two episodes that actually have the good opening.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Scott Bakula hamming it up as the mirror universe captain Archer with William Shatner's shirt was the peak of the entire franchise
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:10 pm

John Billingsley was also kino in it. Episodes that give him lots of screentime are always some of the better ones, and in the Mirror Universe he's some sadistic Dr. Mengele type who just loves cutting up and/or torturing aliens.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat May 22, 2021 7:23 pm

Any good suggestions from where to start watching ST? I'm not interested of the 60's stuff and not planning to watch all of it, just interested in to see the very best this show has to offer. I downloaded TNG season 4 as it is one of the most praised seasons in the series, watched 30 minutes of the first episode, but I had no idea what was going on or what the hell people talked about. Maybe not the best choice to start watching it, but I've heard that first two seasons of TGN are crap and I don't want to waste my time watching two seasons of shit just to get better understanding of the possibly better upcoming seasons.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat May 22, 2021 7:28 pm

Watch the first episode of TNG to know who the characters are, then skip to season 3 maybe.

Or watch the Wrath of Khan movie(1982). It's pretty self-explanatory.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat May 22, 2021 7:29 pm

Yeah, that movie gets also a lot of praise. Gotta check that one out.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 22, 2021 7:39 pm

>wanting to watch the best the show has to offer
>not interested in TOS

:thinking:

Oh, and season 4, episode 1? That's the second part of Best of Both Worlds, aka the big Borg story arc. You should probably get the last episode of season 3 for a better idea wtf is going on.
My memory of TNG isn't to good, but with my much more recent binges of DS9 and Enterprise are anything to go by, then the series likes to end seasons on a cliffhanger. Most episodes are pretty self-contained otherwise.

Probably one of my favorite non-TOS episodes is The Sound of Her Voice, aka episode 25 of season 6 of DS9. It's one of those lower-budget episodes they like to do in order to safe SFX budget for big space battles, but it's just a cool sci-fi story with a weird twist.

Dear Doctor from Enterprise is another good one. Also a more low-budget one. I'd say just about every Enterprise-episode focusing on Phlox are neat, as are any ones featuring Andorians because Jeffrey Combs is pretty kino
Speaking of Jeffrey Combs, he also has multiple roles in DS9, mostly focusing on smug bastards.

Other Enterprise episdoes of note include Silent Enemy (basically a horror episode where they get clowned on by dickish aliens who never explain wtf their deal is) and Dead Stop (another horror-esque one, kinda like a haunted house in space).
Plus season 4 has lots of fanservice episodes, but youre are too much of a n00b to appreciate its glory.

As for TNG, I kinda like Darmok from season 5. It's about a first contact with aliens whose language is a bit too batshit to properly translate, featuring a Picard who actually acts like fucking Picard.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun May 23, 2021 4:31 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:28 pm
Or watch the Wrath of Khan movie(1982). It's pretty self-explanatory.
Yeah. I'd say to start there.
お前はもう死んでいる。