Children's Card Games

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Children's Card Games

Post by mad bum » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:49 am
MTG sales are what keep WoTC afloat. It's the D&D department that bleeds money.
I've heard it's the opposite, shows like critical roll have made D&D extremely popular while magic is lacking.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:12 pm

It's possible it's flipped, especially this year.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:30 pm

I suppose MTG Arena, despite not being exactly an astounding success in the digital card game market (I think Heartstone, Yugioh and Legends of Runeterra are all bigger than MTGA), is what is keeping Magic afloat this year. Not only because of Chicom Flu faggotry everywhere, but because it made possible for people to get back into the game without being jewed out of their savings upfront like Magic Online requires them to. There are probably enough whales keeping it very profitable, despite MTGA being "free to play" (aka pay to win).

Of course WotC will keep failing to make MTGA trully big because they keep getting wokely involved in sponsoring every stupid LGBTBBQ+ cause and person they can find. I just randomly watched a MGA Arena video and the guy on it mentioned that this month WotC was promoting some stupid suicide prevention scheme specifically geared towards the 41% crowd. And if you check the MTG Arena tab on Twitch... oh boy, what a goddamn freakshow. Soybeards, faggots, trannies and a couple of ugly titty-streamer wannabes, all sponsored by WotC in one way or another, and they barely can hold over a hundred views in the best case scenario. As long that's the direction they're going for, they'll keep bleeding support of the silent majority of players everywhere, and their numbers are showing it. But hey, at least the queer crowd will surely give them positive reviews on social media!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:16 pm

MTG's next set is Khaldeim, which has Vikings! Giants! Nordic themes! And... this.
SpoilerShow
I'm surprised they didn't print it's preferred pronouns in the card as well.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:25 pm

I'd weep for MTG if it had been fun in the last five years. As it is I don't care. It's their funeral.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm

my 5 year old nephew is starting to get into the pokemon card game (just collecting for now). Seems a lot like other card games with energy cards and attacks using those as resources etc.

I was just wondering is this game any good or fun? Should I try to steer him towards playing the actual game or do the opposite and just have him look at the pictures because the actual game is shit?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:36 pm

It's okay. At least it was almost twenty years ago when I played it a few times.
There are much worse card games he could have an interest in, I suppose.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm

good to know thanks

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:23 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm
my 5 year old nephew is starting to get into the pokemon card game (just collecting for now). Seems a lot like other card games with energy cards and attacks using those as resources etc.

I was just wondering is this game any good or fun? Should I try to steer him towards playing the actual game or do the opposite and just have him look at the pictures because the actual game is shit?
Wasn't there a game boy (or later portable) game of the pokemon card game? Maybe he could play that instead of buying a bunch of cards.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:24 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:23 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Wasn't there a game boy (or later portable) game of the pokemon card game? Maybe he could play that instead of buying a bunch of cards.
Also, don't let your nephew go to any card game tournaments. They're filled with pedophiles. Wizards of the Coast got caught hiring a bunch of pedophiles to judge their tournaments a few years ago.