Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Rocky 4 is a perfect enjoyable junk movie. It's a really shitty idea to try and edit it into a legit "good" movie. It's just fine as it is, an over-the-top boxing musical/opera which is in its own class in its stupidity, that's what makes it great. Removing Paul's robot or "No Easy Way Out", boooo! I can only agree with removing Nielsen's character as the fewer female characters in a film (any film), the better the film becomes.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:32 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:08 pm
I can only agree with removing Nielsen's character as the fewer female characters in a film (any film), the better the film becomes.
My good friend Alex Baldwin knew this. He was in Glengarry Glenn Ross, the greatest film ever made, which was a No Girls Allowed! experience. Thats why he tried to kill every woman on the set of his films.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:42 pm

Bro Alec showing to noobs what it takes to be a real cunt slayer.

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:32 pm
My good friend Alex Baldwin knew this. He was in Glengarry Glenn Ross, the greatest film ever made, which was a No Girls Allowed! experience. Thats why he tried to kill every woman on the set of his films.
Hunt For Red October likewise only had one woman (Dr Crusher) for like two seconds.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 am

Damn, I never get tired of this movie.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:16 pm

anyone gonna watch the new ghostbusters movie?

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:08 am

Not me
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:14 am

I rewatched Hellraiser. I still appreciate it as a kind of film version of a fancy painting - evocative, but not much of a narrative. But the low budget stuck out to me this time for some reason. I remembered Hellraiser as being this visually spectacular epic(credit to Barker's dynamic direction), but it's really the lighting, costume design and acting that carries it.

They spend so much time in that one not particularly interesting house and keep flashing to footage of pillars spinning in the shadows that it felt a bit wearisome and desperate.

On the plus side, I am now more interested in rewatching Hellraiser II, which I initially disparaged for its dumb storyline, but might appreciate more now for the budget. I do remember it keeping the first film's atmosphere.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:30 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:16 pm
Family really wants to see it, so I may be going. I'd rather wait for the torrents, personally. Really don't want to wear a coof muzzle for two hours.
お前はもう死んでいる。