Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Newhalf

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Newhalf » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am

How do sci fi series involving time travel scam anyone out of their hard earned money?
I expect better next time.
It's a trap!

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:12 pm

Won't be enough to bring them down, but good to know at least some normies are standing up (for now).
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Yeah, until the release of Doctor Strange in the Capeshit Multiverse: The Quest For Trans Children Rights, which still will make billions and attract capeshitters in droves to watch their garbage, all while Benedict Cucumberface molests dozen of young boys- I mean, educate them about their transgender identity.

Concerned parents will maybe boycott Disney for a little bit, until they release a new Frozen cartoon with a slightly toned down woke message ("the higher-ups said we need to cut down the 'Elsa finds out xir is trans' scene, and keep the Minor Attracted Person positive stuff to a bare minimum!"), people like the guy in the video will claim victory over le ass jay dublya armies, and money and degeneracy will flow as usual from the House of Mouse.

There is no hope for the bugmen.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:21 pm

I'd say a Frozen 3 is likely since that franchise is the only in-house cartoon of theirs that people actually give a toss about.
But I don't see them being in any sort of dire straits. The Mouse has gobbled up too many IPs and studios to fall, even if it doesn't make any kind of good use of them.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:09 pm

Been on a wuxia kick, my favorite is definitely A Touch of Zen - but I also really liked Ashes of Time, the Wong Kar Wai movie from the 90s - plot is a little floaty, but the thing is just a fuckin vibe.
Also seen a lot of Kobayashi recently and I think I like him slightly more than Kurosawa now.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:21 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:55 pm
Concerned parents will maybe boycott Disney for a little bit
I don't think normalfags are aware of Hollywood degeneracy at all and if they did they wouldn't care. They never knew the casting couch existed until 2017.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:08 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:21 pm
But I don't see them being in any sort of dire straits. The Mouse has gobbled up too many IPs and studios to fall, even if it doesn't make any kind of good use of them.
What will bring Disney down isn't economics but rather pissing off the wrong politicians. Disney owes a lot of its power to sweetheart deals from the US Government, like for example copyright extensions when the earliest Disney cartoons should have fallen into the public domain ages ago.

This is why corporations, once upon a time, just tried to sell you stuff and didn't get involved too deeply in political issues.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:23 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:09 pm
Been on a wuxia kick, my favorite is definitely A Touch of Zen - but I also really liked Ashes of Time, the Wong Kar Wai movie from the 90s - plot is a little floaty, but the thing is just a fuckin vibe.
Also seen a lot of Kobayashi recently and I think I like him slightly more than Kurosawa now.
Hara-kiri is a better movie than most of Kurosawa's work. I'm not a huge Kobayashi buff, but I saw Samurai Rebellion and Harakiri. Both were fantastic. I think Kobayashi comes across as more radically humanitarian, and more willing to challenge traditional views of the past. Not that Kurosawa never does those things, but (for example) even when he depicts people reaching across class boundaries in order to connect, such as in Seven Samurai with Katsushiro and the peasant girl, he reaffirms the separating power of class at the end of the film. Katsushiro doesn't end up with the girl. Because he's still a samurai and she's still just a peasant. The samurai team up with the villagers, and both fight and die together. But then the samurai leave, forever distant from the villagers after all.

Kobayashi's Hara-kiri spends a lot more time on the inhumanity of the samurai code, and how these rigid moral structures left well-meaning, honest people completely fucked over. To the point that they would beg to be allowed to commit suicide in a samurai house. Perhaps because they genuinely wanted to die, or perhaps because this was the only form of "begging" which was socially acceptable, and might be rewarded with the little money or employment they needed to continue living.

If you like Kobayashi's work, you should definitely watch Kanedo Shindo's Onibaba and Kuroneko. Kuroneko is one of my favorite films. Shindo's films are more horror than samurai, but they are period pieces. Another excellent one is Ugetsu Monogatari. I forget who made that one, however. Another very famous director. Tokyo Story is also required viewing for anyone interested in a more contemporary setting. Tokyo Story is a drama about inter-generational families. Still very relevant today. It's also a capsule criticism of what was then the "modern" japanese society. A materialistic, get-ahead world where values like filial piety were going away.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed May 04, 2022 5:01 pm

So some SJW retard decided to pull a Will Smith and tackled Chapelle on stage. I guess comedians fears were justified.

EDIT: He apparently had a firearm.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 04, 2022 5:03 pm

They should just make a YT channel like all the cool kids.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette