Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:24 pm

So doing one good deed 24 years or so ago turns you into a saint for life.
Unless you say something TERF-y, of course.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:47 pm

Pixar's going to die soon anyway. Elemental, which is a partial rip off of Promare, is set to bomb. They'll merge whatever's left with Disney Animation, which was always the plan, but not until after Toy Story 5.
EDIT: The recovered copy of TS2 was scrapped anyway. :lol: They only used some assets left over, but still started again from scratch. How conveniently memory-holed.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Ghost Dog

Post by Ghost Dog » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:04 am

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:47 pm
Pixar's going to die soon anyway. Elemental, which is a partial rip off of Promare, is set to bomb. They'll merge whatever's left with Disney Animation, which was always the plan, but not until after Toy Story 5.
EDIT: The recovered copy of TS2 was scrapped anyway. :lol: They only used some assets left over, but still started again from scratch. How conveniently memory-holed.
Pixar has not been that good since Up and that came out in 2009. They've been coasting on their former glory with so many sequels like Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, and Toy Story 4. So it would be no big loss if Pixar got shut down.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 am

Elemental also looks like a massive ripoff of that shitty emotions movie they made. Reminds me of this American Dad joke about going to see the new Pixar movie "clothes," about the secret life of clothes.

Edit: Inside Out.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:37 am

Ghost Dog wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:04 am
They've been coasting on their former glory with so many sequels like Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, and Toy Story 4.
And coincidentally, each sequel ruined what came before.
  • Incredibles 2: completely disappointing follow up that focused on Elastigirl & never worth the 14 year artificial hype. Brad Bird left the studio shortly after.
  • Finding Dory: already forgotten sequel no one asked for, featuring a lesbian couple because Ellen wasn't enough.
  • Toy Story 4: systematically destroyed the cast, turned Bo Peep into a stronk independent womyn, and rendered the prior's film's conclusion utterly pointless, and this was released after Lasseter was fired.
Since then, women have fully usurped power over the studio, and the current (absolute) state of Pixar is as expected.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:17 am

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:47 pm
And the gutted husks of both animation studios will probably be doomed to make faggy CalArts shit for Disney+, because Disney doesn't really care about animated movies anymore (since animated black people don't count).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:19 am

The last good Pixar movie was Up. They haven't been good since then, and that's been a good number of years.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:07 pm

I watched the original Mad Max last night. It was a little too nihilistic for my personal tastes, but I loved how grimy and rundown the world had become, and Max's close-knit group of police officers were great. Hugh Keays-Byrne was a standout as the villain, but I suspected he would be, I've seen him in other things.

Retroactively speaking, it seems to be more of an origin story for Max than its own thing (as he doesn't become the iconic version of the character until the last 15 minutes). I still enjoyed it. A very solid film.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:14 pm

It's a bit like how the first Friday the 13th doesn't even have Jason until the last couple seconds. Some franchises just kinda started a bit odd.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:37 pm

It's the best entry of the series.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!