Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 14, 2021 5:25 pm

"Congratulations. You have chosen a trap. Most people are so ungrateful of traps... but not you, not anymore."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri May 14, 2021 5:57 pm

Should've just brought back Hoffman tbh, at least he actually earned his stripes and went on a few badass killing sprees
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 14, 2021 10:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:25 pm
"Congratulations. You have chosen a trap. Most people are so ungrateful of traps... but not you, not anymore."
"You went through life as a woman for years now, but as much as you insist on people calling you ma'am, you have never fully committed to the idea yourself.
The room you're in is slowly filling with NOx gas. In front of you is a simple hacksaw.
Will you continue to live a lie or will you put your money where your mouth is?
You have ten minutes."

Dicksaw in theatres 2022
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2021 1:29 pm

I thought the white dude from Saw was the new killer. Did they bother mentioning what happened to him?

The first Mission Impossible came out in the States May 22, 1996. Unfortunately for me, I just missed out on the one showing my theater had for it. Ordered the new blu ray that comes out today, but damn that would have been great to see, since I'm an old geezer who saw it in theaters way back when it was new.

Dope ass theme song incoming:

M:I-2 has some weird ass year 2000 charm, but with part 3 and fucking JJ Abrams the series got stale and generic. The original movie is one of the best spy movies ever and you can't make me change my mind.

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2021 3:07 pm

>buying Blu-rays

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 18, 2021 3:12 pm

The franchise kinda lost me at the start of the 2nd one with the introduction of exploding sunglasses as means to deliver top secret information. This was really just a lame ripoff of Kamen Rider X (whose main villain used pretty much everything from exploding statues to exploding chicken to deliver his messages).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue May 18, 2021 4:16 pm

M:I-2 is one of those movies I've seen, but don’t remember anything about it. I only remember the shitty song Metallica made for it. It was the beginning of peer-to-peer networks, I remember downloading "I Disappear" from Napster and wondering how this band can sink even deeper down after two truly horrible albums Load and Reload.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Tue May 18, 2021 10:04 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 pm
Spiral sucks, but its not unfunny.

Chris Rock isn't a terrible dramatic actor, but he's poorly directed here, so he comes off as miscast here. His pretend grittiness comes off as inappropriate more than once, and that gets pretty funny.

The traps are absurd, the twist doesn't make a lick of sense, and Sam Jackson is in full on motherfucker mode (meaning this shitty sequel to a mostly shitty franchise got more mileage out of Sam Jackson than the Star Wars Prequels or the Mediocre Cinematic Universe) - so if you rented it and got sloshed there's maybe some potential? Its not unfunny.
The flashbacks with the dodgy fake moustache and beards looked like a 90’s sitcom or an SNL skit film looked so cheap.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:16 pm
I remember downloading "I Disappear" from Napster and wondering how this band can sink even deeper down after two truly horrible albums Load and Reload.
In hindsight, Metallica's decline was so steady that it should've been obvious they would only get worse.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2021 11:05 pm

The passage of time is amazing. I wanted to puke when this shit came out, but now that goofy editing style feels quaint and old fashioned.