Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Movie Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:20 pm

It sounds like the ceiling for a current year Ghostbusters sequel. No deepfaking or unfunny ad libbing and just feels like an episode of the cartoon.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:59 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:49 pm
Won't be seeing the new movie though. Looks fucking pointless, and I'd never watch something with Patton Oswalt in it.
My brother drug me out to see the last one. This time, that has yet to happen. I think he's turned off by Patton Oswalt. And that ugly unfunny Paki that the media keeps forcing on us is also in the movie.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am

What's the minimum cut-off age for caring about Ghostbusters? 30? 35? Older?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:05 am

Whenever Lorenzo Music died and had to be replaced by the vile fiend Dave Coulier.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:48 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am
I’m 30 so older then me.

Ihatebradjones

Post by Ihatebradjones » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:41 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:05 am
Whenever Lorenzo Music died and had to be replaced by the vile fiend Dave Coulier.
Hi Phelous.
"Brad looks like a cancer patient" Lordkat from his Pop Quiz Hotshot riff.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:17 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am
Difficult to say. I'm 37 and have only seen the two Ghostbusters movies on TV. I've watched the cartoon as well, when it happened to be on. I liked Ghostbusters well enough.

But I wouldn't say I care about Ghostbusters. Doesn't matter to me what they do with it either way.
I'm also the wrong person to ask. I was never all that much into movies. It's vidya and books for me. With those I actually care if a series gets fucked up. For movies I don't. A shit sequel to an awesome movie? That's just direct to VHS practise and who was ever bothered by that?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 pm

I like the first Ghostbusters movie. If somebody said to me, "hey, let's watch Ghostbusters" then I'd agree. Why not. Same for Back to the Future. Sure, why not?

But I never watched the other movies, or the cartoon, or played video games based on them. I just don't care about any of that shit. The nu-Ghostbusters films never affected me because I'm not attached to the franchise in any way. I cared a little bit about when Star Wars was ruined. But that happened with Episode 1, so a long time ago. I got over it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:57 pm

It's one of those "you had to be there" things.
Phelous' Ghostbusters videos are mostly accurate on what it was like being a kid back then.
The first movie was made for adults (there were no toy tie-ins) and seemed edgy to a kid.
Then those first couple of seasons of The Real Ghostbusters were also really solid. It didn't talk down to kids and adults could still enjoy it.

And then, Q5 ruined everything. They dumbed-down the cartoon into a lame cartoon for babies. Kids noticed and tuned out.

By the time Ghostbusters 2 came out in 1989, the Ghostbusters were very passé. It was viewed as being for kids. And then the actual movie was more kiddie-pandering garbage.

I'd recommend the first movie and the Lorenzo Music episodes of the cartoon. All those 1980s Ghostbusters video games suck.
お前はもう死んでいる。

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:07 am

I just laugh that it took a remake and two sequels for them to make a movie as good as Ghostbusters II. The first one? You're fuckin dreaming lmao.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.