Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:54 pm

Complicity wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:43 pm
Pet Sematary is possibly his greatest book, but the movie is a terrible disgrace of the story
The only difference of note i remember between the movie and the book is the fact that the old man had a wife
Have you even read the book? The movie is a complete joke compared to it. For example, the dead guy Victor Pascow was some kind of comic relief in the movie, whereas in the book he appeared only once and there was nothing funny about the scene. All the characters and plot twists were ridiculously superficial and poorly made compared to the book. It was still quite entertaining movie in its own regards.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:24 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:54 pm
Complicity wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:43 pm
Pet Sematary is possibly his greatest book, but the movie is a terrible disgrace of the story
The only difference of note i remember between the movie and the book is the fact that the old man had a wife
Have you even read the book? The movie is a complete joke compared to it. For example, the dead guy Victor Pascow was some kind of comic relief in the movie, whereas in the book he appeared only once and there was nothing funny about the scene. All the characters and plot twists were ridiculously superficial and poorly made compared to the book. It was still quite entertaining movie in its own regards.
I read it when i was a kid, and watched the movie some years later.
I only remember some of the plot of the book (Indian burial ground used to resurrect the family's pet, and then used again to resurrect the family's son despite the warnings of the same old man who told the protagonist about the burial ground to begin with) and that i was disappointed after finishing it because i was expecting something much more violent.
With the cover of the book looking like this

I was expecting a story about packs of rabid/zombie cats eating people alive.

All i remember about the movie was explaining to the friends who were watching with me the unexplained presence in the woods, and telling them about the wife who wasn't in the movie and why.
And the resurrected kid not being scary and looking like a joke in the movie.

There's talk about King taking inspiration from this movie for Pet Sematary:

Don't know if it's true or if it's just a coincidence that the plots are similar, but as a movie is much better than the Pet Sematary's adaptation.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:10 am

One has to question why the old man thought it was a good idea to use dark native magic in order to resurrect a cat.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:10 am
One has to question why the old man thought it was a good idea to use dark native magic in order to resurrect a cat.
Cat is friend.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:10 am
His wife's dead, how else does he get pussy.

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Germans and Fins are the worst people who ever lived. This movie came out in 2012 and it was already full of woke shit. It's an unfunny sci-fi comedy that spoofs that dumb Hitler Downfall meme, Dr. Strangelove, and has a fake Sarah Palin as the President of the USA where everyone's a dumb racist hillbilly. The movie ends with the hot NAZI lead rejecting her whiteness and falling in love with a nappy-haired jive-talking black stereotype, and in the final scene she basically gets Blacked in front of a classroom full of white kids.
The team who made Iron Sky made several Star Trek parodies, and knowing the ideology of many trekkies, not hard to imagine why they'd make such a shit film.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Pretty ironic considering Trek episodes with nazis are among the more kino ones.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Not only that Iron Sky movies are woke as fuck, but they're also very poorly written, very poorly directed and even worse edited. A few Finnish amateurs made movie based on STALKER and it's better made than Iron Sky movies. While it's not great, it's still more entertaining and better made than Iron Sky which had multi million budget. That Stalker film could've used tighter editing, which is one of the usual flaws in amateur productions.

There's english subtitles if you're interested.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:32 pm

Put the fin in the bin.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:28 pm

I remember seeing this movie when it came out and enjoying it as a very dark comedy that dealt with some heavy shit like mental health, but now I appreciate it even more for doing what we all would like to do to Patton Oswalt.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.